Chapter 23

I don't own anything. The song above has cursing but it's funny if you haven't already seen it and pretty much how Katie is feeling in this chapter.

~Katies POV~

I started seeing Travis at dinner occasionally, and I kind of felt bad for him. He looked like he hasn't slept well, he has bags under his eyes and instead of his trademark smirk all you could see was him being lost in thought.

What am I saying? I shouldn't feel sorry for him, he cheated on me.

There was a tiny part of my brain saying that I haven't heard his side of the story, but I can't just forgive him that easily.

I mean how could he? And with Drew Tanaka like seriously. If toxic mean girl who thinks she's better than everyone else and thinks she deserves everything in the world is your type then go for it, but if not then don't even try her.

Yeah but this is Travis were talking about, before I wouldn't trust him with a flower, now I would trust him with my life.

I tried pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind. I figured it was just my emotions talking and not my logic.

But... I really didn't know which one to trust at this point. One one hand my logic told me Travis was cheating on me but on the other hand my emotions are why we got together in the first place.

I let out a long heavy sigh. I was sitting on the pier of the canoe lake thinking about things while watching the sunset.

Suddenly someone cleared there throat behind me, I turned around to see Travis there, he still managed to look cute even if he wasn't the Stoll brother I came to know.

"Hi" he said, I didn't reply.

He cleared his throat again. "Look, I know your mad at me but please let me explain."

I sat there quietly, I could have gotten up and left but I decided to wait a bit.

"Okay you're giving me the silent treatment." He said.

"Just hurry up Travis!"

"Fine, fine. I know that it looked bad but I promise, I did not kiss Drew she kissed me and held me there!"

"Sureeee and you couldn't beat Drew Tanaka at strength, she can barely hold her sword!"

"Well it's kind of hard to when they pin your arms to a rock! Katie please believe me-"

"Why should I Travis? I thought I could but now, I just don't know okay? I'm confused but I shouldn't trust you, but I want to."

Tears were slipping down my cheeks at this point but I could care less.

Travis wrapped me in a hug and I'll admit it was amazing for the first thirty seconds.

I pulled away with more years forming in my eyes.

"No Travis I can't keep letting you hurt me more okay? I can't do this, I can't."

I tried telling myself the words were true, I tried telling myself I didn't want someone that would hurt me but it was hard when my emotions wanted to kiss Travis, and hug him and pretend that nothing happened at all, I wanted to believe I was fine.

But I wasn't and that's the problem.

"Travis I need to go, uh I guess I'll see you around." I said.

I couldn't help it, I was about two seconds from a mental breakdown and I needed to talk to Myra and Annabeth about it.

I got into my room (head councilors get there own rooms) and couldn't hold on any longer and started sobbing uncontrollably.

My brother Justin heard me and came in to check how I was doing. I was the closest to Justin out of all of my siblings, mostly because we were not even a year apart and could relate to each other a lot.

"Katie, what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing I'm fine." I lied.

"You're crying you are obviously not fine."

He got that I didn't want to talk about it so he came over and rubbed my back telling me it was going to be okay.

When my sobs turned into small sniffles I thanked him and said that I was getting tired.

"I'm always here if you need me." He told me.

"Thank you." At first I thought he couldn't hear me but he gave me a smile and a wink as he walked out to let me get ready for bed.
________________________________
Love all of you! Thanks for reading!