Chapter 7

All rights go to uncle Rick I don't own these characters I also don't own these images

~Katies POV~

We were walking for what seemed like ever, and I was absolutely exhausted. I saw something move at the corner of my eye and suddenly stopped.

Whatever that was it went in the bushes, i-its like I could sense it.

"What's up Katie Kat?" Travis asked me as he noticed that I stopped.

"There's something in that bush." I said pointing. It sounded really stupid when I said it out loud but it was true.

"What do you mean?" Connor asked me.

"I saw something moving over there but it's more like I can sense something, I'm not exactly sure what but I can tell that it's living. We need to go check it out."

"What we can't just go over there and go attack someth-"

"Now!" I yelled.

I ran over with my dagger out, ready to fight. When I got over there I saw, oh no it's a basilisk.

I tried to slice it in half but it easily got away. It also wasn't fun that I had to avoid it's acid attacks, but by now the boys showed up beside me.

I remembered that the only thing that basilisk's were afraid of are weasels, but that didn't help much because where were we going to find a weasel.

I needed to think quickly but that was hard when you are avoiding acid, trying to slice something with a dagger, also trying to make sure that Travis and Connor aren't dying either.

Once Connor almost got blasted with acid, but luckily Travis pushed him out of the way just in time.

I made a decision, I might regret it later but I had to do it to save us. I knew I had the power to do it but I haven't tried to control it yet.

I grew vines and imagined it wrapping around the basilisk and hanging it up in the air. The first two times it missed and the basilisk got away, but the third time it caught it and it and was in the air. Before it could spit any more acid at me or the boys I sliced it in half.

Gods I wish I had gotten some sleep last night, using my power really drained me. I didn't know I could do that, the first time I realized that I had this power was when I was really angry. I went to go work in the strawberry fields and they started growing uncontrollably.

Travis and Connor looked at me in shock.

"Wow Katie Kat I had no clue you could do that."

"Me either." I said.

I was really really tired, I got some water out of my backpack. I really wish that I was able to sleep last night, that would have made it so I could think straight. That would be pretty helpful right about now.

"Katie, Katie!" Travis said snapping me out of my jumbled thoughts.

"Y-yeah?"

"I've been calling your name forever. You okay?"

"Oh I'm fine just kinda tired." That was the last thing that I said before I passed out.
___________________________________
There's chapter 7 this one actually took me longer because I had a couple ideas but I had to choose which one I was going to go with, and then this idea was hard to work out in a way that made sense. Also thank you guys so much for 50 reads!