The Unwelcome Visitor

Anti's new room was done thanks to all the Septics for helping. Thankfully it only took most of the new day as Anti wouldn't stop arguing with Marvin on his 'fashion senses'. Needless to say, the job was done now and Anti was happy with most everything plain and dark much to Marvin's disappointment.

But Anti was good at faking his emotions when necessary.

In truth, he was still scared. Still worried about what would come next.

He wasn't a fool. He knew why Dark was after him. It wasn't as if Anti didn't deserve his wrath but as a child, he was even more frightened of the Iplier ego.

And since Anti was a child now, Dark would have no problems killing him if he wanted now that Anti's glitching abilities were gone.

'Should I tell them?'

What would he tell them? Dark was after him because of his abilities, right? Did Anti promise him something when he was drunk or something?

Hard to know.

'At least I know the owner of the voice that's been in my nightmares lately.'

That is, before that gang nearly had him.

'Things were just starting to look up, too, until Dark came along'

He had a family. A better home. Good food. No need to worry about rent. Didn't have the need to steal anything.

And then Dark comes along and reminds him of the wretched urchin he really is.

'Marvin's wards should be enough to keep him out, though. As long as the wards are up, Dark can't get to me'

Meanwhile, Marvin wasn't pouting in his room after decorating the most goth and plain room ever.

No, he was on his bed reading a book.

What kind of book?

The very book the others had told him not to. Where the curse he had accidentally placed on Anti came from.

'There has to be something in here. Something to speed things up. The spell took a turn, that's for sure but it can't just be like this. The spell was supposed to regress the victim into his true state of mind. Anti's a child which means of course he was a brat. This curse is so confusing. Of course it just means to have regressed Anti to his mental age, right? Usually my spells last only a few days. It's been a couple weeks already'

Not to say he was completely opposed to it. Small Anti was a lot better than grown up Anti in his opinion.

But who's to say he'd change again mentally when the curse wore off?

Who was he kidding. . . he knew the truth already.

Now he just had to hide it from the others and hope for the best.

'Just a few more days. . . . . maybe a couple more weeks. . . . . then I can try and use this other spell. No to say it'll work . . . but it's worth a shot'

Truth be told, Marvin didn't know WHAT would work anymore.

Anymore, everything he did and agreed to was a shot in the dark.

'And I can't believe that Anti really didn't know why Dark was after him. Dark always has a purpose with his actions. . . . so what was it?'

Who's to say they'd ever find out?