Just Trying to Help

Anti stared at Marvin.

They were all in the kitchen at the dining table for breakfast.

It was just the next day after the Iplier fiasco.

Anti narrowed his eyes at the magician until finally he gave in.

"What is it, Anti?" he sighed dramatically, knowing this wasn't going to be good.

The kid version of Anti glared, "I'm mad at you"

"I figured that"

The others at the table were prepared for some words being thrown between the two.

"Why didn't you tell me I could be stuck like this forever?" Anti's bottom lip quivered only slightly. He wasn't wanting to get emotional but as a kid . . .. his emotions were running his life, basically, "I don't WANNA be a kid forever!"

"Anti . . . I . . I just didn't want to worry you. Or anyone else"

Chase snorted, "Too late for that, bro"

"You could have at LEAST told US" Henrik was even upset.

". . .I'm sorry" Marvin stopped eating, leaning his head on his hand, "You're right . .. I should have told you guys. That's on me. I know I shouldn't have even been IN that black magic book to begin with. This is all my fault and-"

"Stop" Jackie interrupted him.

Everyone looked to the hero who stopped eating, too. Jackie breathed in slowly, "There's nothing we can do about the past. From now on, we should be focusing on the future"

Anti pouted but he couldn't help but agree, "Fine . . . ." he kicked under the table, "What now?"

Now it was Marvin's turn to stare at him but before he could say anything, Jameson piped up with some quick signs, 'What about that incident yesterday? At the electronics store? With Anti's neck?'

"That WAS pretty weird" Chase nodded, "I haven't seen you do that since you've been here"

"You guys said his neck bled?" Jackie asked, trying to think of the cause, "What were you guys doing when it happened?"

Anti shrugged, "We were just looking at some lava lamps"

Everyone waited for him to eventually finish, knowing there was more to it than that.

Anti rolled his eyes, "Fine. I WAS thinking about stealing it! Okay?! But I didn't! . . . . I knew I didn't need to steal anything anymore . . . and I didn't need it"

.

.

.

Marvin slammed his hands down on the table, abruptly standing up in all his fabulous glory.

"EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!"

"what?"

Even Anti looked scared of the sudden outburst, backing in closer to his chair, eyes wide.

Marvin looked like he saw a ghost. It was all so obvious!

"You were thinking about stealing the lamp! But you DIDN'T! You made a mature decision!"

None of them still got it.

Marvin wanted to slap them.

"Which MEANS, only ANTI can fix it! It's in the eye of the beholder and how he sees himself!"

"Which means . . . ." Chase thought about it, "Anti has to . . think of himself as an adult?"

"But I've done that before!" Anti whined, "It didn't work!"