Funny Thing About Curses

"Anti . . . . septiceye" Dark drawled, placing his cane in front of him intimidatingly, "It's been awhile."

Anti stayed at the top of the stairs, hiding behind the rails.

Dark smirked, "You've gotten shorter"

Jackie scoffed at him, "Look, man, what do you want?"

"I think Anti should be the one to tell you that"

"The hell you talking about?" Chase huffed, "Anti told us he had no idea why you were after him"

"Oh I bet he did" Dark growled, "Little bastard . . . guess it fits your current predicament, though"

"What do you w-want?" Anti spoke softly, still hiding, "I didn't do anything to you!"

"Didn't do-hehehe" Dark laughed to himself, "Funny you say that."

Marvin tried to step in, "Look, Dark, it's obvious we're on the wrong foot. It's possible Anti may have protracted a little memory loss given his current situation. Can you just tell us what he did?"

"Did he kill someone?" Henrik asked, "Because honestly I vouldn't put it past him"

"Hen~" Anti whined.

"Vhat? You were an asshole back then. . . You've changed, though!"

"Jury's still out on that one somewhat. He's still a brat" Chase mumbled to himself with a little smile.

Dark didn't look amused in their banter in the slightest but sighed, "If what you say is true then perhaps I can tell you all . . . . But first . . I want to know what happened exactly to him"

Marvin blushed, "Curse gone wrong?"

"Hm" Dark narrowed his eyes, "Funny how curses aren't really known for being GOOD. It turned him into a kid. For how long? Because this little prick owes me and I refuse to wait too much longer"

"Well you might have to" Jackie stood tall, trying to be menacing, "Because this little prick belongs with us and if you even think about hurting him-"

"It's interesting" Dark stopped him, "How much things change in so little time, don't you think? If I recall, you were the one out to kill him, correct?"

Jackie nodded, "But things do change . . . . people change and you can fucking leave. We have nothing to say to you. You are not getting our brother and-"

"Brother?" Dark sneered, "Hm, how quaint. But I'm not leaving until I'm given an answer from him and the sooner he gets the fuck down here and EXPLAINS himself, the sooner this will all be . . . . .. over"

Anti didn't want to go down the stairs. He didn't want to go anywhere near Dark.

He was never really afraid of him before but as Anti had learned many times already, having been turned in a kid had changed his perspective on many things. He was more timid and weary than ever and Dark's aura was like that of a demon trying to lure him into hell or another one of his nightmares.

He started to shake and whimpered.

Before Dark could yell at him again, though, Jackie stomped up the stairs as quickly and intimidatingly as he could to Dark(which probably wasn't much, honestly), scooping up Anti in his arms to cover him.

"We won't let anything happen to you. Do you trust me?"

Anti hugged him around his neck but made a small confirmative noise.

He walked back down the stairs, holding Anti securely until he was in front of Dark again. The man just stared, perhaps uncertain of what to think. But he didn't want to believe just yet that Anti was different.