The Red Rattlesnakes

He felt his head throb.

Aching and pulsing.

He felt something warm trickle down his head.

'What happened?'

He tried opening his eyes but there was only darkness.

'Blindfolded. . . . where am I?'

Marvin tried to move his hands to free himself.

But something was wrong.

'Wait . . . . . no . . dammit'

"Sounds like someone's awake! Bruce! Take the bag off our friend, will ya?"

"Yeah, boss" a burly man spoke. By the sound of stomping, Marvin guessed he was a large man he wouldn't want to tussle with hand to hand physically.

Suddenly the rag on his head was lifted and Marvin blinked. He was in a barely lit room surrounded by seven men. Two of which he recognized as the men from the electronics store weeks ago.

'Well this isn't good'

His hands were handcuffed and duct-taped so he couldn't use his hands or fingers to flick a spell.

Sadly, he was useless at the moment and at this gang's mercy.

A man with silver teeth and black hair walked up to him, "What? Got nothing to say sweetheart?"

Marvin couldn't help but to be sassy, "Sorry, I was just trying to comprehend why we're in a 90s gang movie. Where the hell am I and why have you ugly lot kidnapped me?"

The boss broke out in a laugh, "BAHAHAHAHA! I see where he got his spunk from! You're a riot, bitch! I'll give ya that!"

Marvin tsked, running out of patience, "Where am I?"

"All in good time, love" the man winked, "I'd say we should do a round of introductions! You see, my name's Vince! And you've already met Bruce there!"

Marvin refused to look.

"And that's Rick, Gavin and Devon" he pointed to some others then stopped pointing at the last two, "And you've met Phil and Jimmy. Remember them? You did some weird voodoo shit on them to steal from our favorite store. You're lucky we got a deal with the owner."

"Wait . . . ." Marvin thought about it for a moment. Something Jackie had told them before.

Suddenly his blood boiled, "Vince . . . . YOU'RE THAT BASTARD THAT TRIED TO RAPE MY BROTHER!"

"Whoa there! Whoa!" Vince raised his hands at the accusation but chuckled nonetheless, "You mean the kid that Jackieboyman came and saved?" his smiled suddenly formed into a deep glare, "That motherfucker broke most of my teeth and my arm! He beat most of my men to a bloody pulp that day! Devon's still got a broken rib!"

"You tried to r-"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! Get over it! What goes around comes around and all that shit. But we're not here about THAT, sweetheart. We're here because you messed up our line-up! We had a good thing going at the electronics shop until you put it on the watch list and now cops watch that place like hawks!"

Marvin snorted, "Then that means you assholes probably got followed or recorded"

Vince just laughed, "That's the point. You see we did some research of our own about you and your little family after the incident you pulled with my guys."

The others laughed but Marvin couldn't see what was funny yet.

"Jackie's your brother. And you lot live on the edge of town at that big house. There's Jackie, you, the kid, Chase, James and some German fuck called Henrik"