It's Hard to Adult- Epilogue

Anti didn't know what to do, really.

Now that he was an adult again, so many things were so weird to him.

How was he suppose to talk to the others?

How was he supposed to do anything now without asking permission?

Marvin's spell really had messed him up.

If he hadn't started to think more responsibly, he would have stayed a kid forever.

But also, it was hard for him now to get OUT of that child-like mindscape. Like he almost forgot how to adult.

Not that it would be hard to do for him in the first place-

It's been a few days now since he became an adult again. Henrik was wrapping up his neck down in the basement clinic. It was odd to care for a full-grown Anti but the glitch didn't scare or freak him out like before. He still had that kid aura.

"You feeling better?" the doctor asked him, disrupting the silence, "Any pain?"

Anti shrugged, slouching on the patient table but didn't say anything.

"You've been quiet since zhe fight"

He snorted.

Henrik sighed heavily, "You know you are welcome here . . . correct?"

He shrugged again.

Henrik set back to work dressing up his neck again but after a while, Anti finally caved.

"You all are just accepting me because of the KID version you knew"

"Are you not zhat same person? You still act zhe same, stubborn as usual."

Anti glared at him but his specialty scary glare had lost its effect entirely over the Septic egos. Anti then just rolled his eyes, "You all still treat me like a child"

"Vell you don't exactly fight it, do you?"

Anti grabbed the doctor's wrist, stopping him, "What am I to all of you? Now that I'm . . ." he couldn't finish it.

"Tis sad you have to ask that. We've all been through a lot together zhese last few months. You'd think you'd get it by now." but he didn't elaborate beyond that and once he was finished patching up his neck, Anti didn't ask more.

Henrik just ushered him out with a sucker and a small pat on the back.

With that over, Anti snuck into the kitchen and fixed himself a thermos of coffee. Oh how he missed it so much. And he could drink more of it without getting the jitters like when he was a kid! He thought about stealing one of Marvin's cookies but thought better of it. They already indulged themselves that night after the fight and it wasn't exactly a great time. It appeared even as an adult, Anti couldn't really handle weed or edibles.

Stuffing his other hand in his pocket, Anti wandered on his way to his room but was met by Jameson who waved his hands in front of him to catch his attention.

Anti hummed and spoke through the sucker, "What you want?"

Jameson wasn't perturbed by his attitude though and seemed excited, 'It's October today! I would think you'd be excited! Isn't it you favorite month?'

Anti shrugged, "I guess. Isn't it yours too? It's your birthday the 31st"

"And yours is the 10th! What do you want for your birthday, chap?'

'Chap? Jameson only uses British slang when he's trying to hide something. Wonder what it could be . . . '

"Nothing" Anti wasn't in the best of moods ever since the big fight.