Resurfaced Trauma

"YOU LOST ANTI!?" Chase screeched.

Jameson panicked and waved his arms around frantically, 'He was right here a second ago! I don't know where he went! He was helping me make brownies!'

Henrik pinched the bridge of his nose, "Is it not obvious vhere he went?"

Chase was pulling his hair out, "I KNOW, HEN!"

"He has his glitching powers back." the doctor continued anyway, "He went to go after Jackie"

Chase kicked a nearby chair, "Dammit, we can't just let him go alone! We don't know where they could have gone, though! We'll be too far behind!"

Jameson stomped his foot to get their attention, 'We should get ahold of Jackie and let him know'

"YOU'RE RIGHT!" Chase gasped with realization, "I'll go get my phone!" he ran out of the room to go call him.

Henrik shook his head at Jameson, "He worries so much, yeah? As long as Anti has his powers, I'm sure he'll be safer than any of us"

Jameson just shrugged.

Jackie was almost to the greasy diner downtown when he had gotten the call from Chase.

He told them his location and where he was going but tried to urge them to stay away. Not that it was gonna happen. Jackie knew the others would race over to help. They might need Henrik, anyway and Chase WAS a good shot.

'Dammit, Anti. I can only hope you didn't figure it out faster than I did. With your glitching, you might already be there by now. And that only means I have to get there even FASTER!'

He focused on his speed and pushed himself even more to get there as soon as possible.

'STAY AWAY, ANTI! STAY AWAY!'

Anti glitched himself to the store but while everyone else was inside of it, he noticed there was tape in the alley, too.

'Was there a murder, too!? Did Marvin not go quietly!?' Anti curiously went over beyond the tape but cringed, seeing the bright red graffiti gang logo on the wall, 'That's fucking ugly'

But more so it was the note in the middle that intrigued him.

He read it.

But once he saw the name below . . . . . .

'V-vince . . . . that was the name of the guy that . . . .' out of no where he started to tremble.

'And Jackie's . . . . going? H-he can handle them, then! He did before'

But the obvious problem burned in his mind, 'But if they managed to grab Marvin . . . . what could they do to Jackie now?'

He felt small and helpless. Anti couldn't stop shaking and his heart pattered frantically against his chest, 'They'll be fine, though, right? They're the two strongest Septics in the family! If anyone can take out this stupid gang, it's them!'

He nodded to himself, trying to reassure himself that they had it all taken care of.

Anti bit his lip and swallowed heavily, 'But if Marvin was able to get free at all, he would have been home a while ago . . . . And Jackie . . . . he took some of those guys out that night but it was dark. They weren't expecting it and Jackie was in a rage.'