Taken Away

Anti's plan was failing.

He knew in the back of his mind he should be ecstatic that he was able to glitch again but he kept it in the back of his mind. He played with Kallie and Sammy but really his head was elsewhere.

'How did it even happen?! I don't get it! And it doesn't hurt either like the last time. There's no storms near by.'

He remembered that the last time there was a storm was the same last time Kallie and Sammy were there. Although they didn't understand what exactly happened, Anti imagined that if they saw him glitching, they might have just thought I got some powers from Jackie.

"TAG! YOU'RE IT!" Sammy body slammed him suddenly, knocking him into the grass. Kallie and Sammy giggled but Anti really couldn't get into it. Why were they so excited about playing this dumb game?

Then he remembered, that's practically what he used to do all the time with Jackie when he was older except it was more of a . . . . violent tag.

He almost wanted to shove one of them but then he remembered . . . . these kids were his niece and nephew.

'How fucking weird. I guess I never really thought about it before' he shook them off and took a few steps back, 'Isn't it weird that I'm playing with them like a fellow kid? I guess it is . . . What if they find out I'm their uncle one day and hate me for deceiving them like this?'

"Andy, you okay?" Sammy asked him, "You look like you're possessed!"

"Huh?"

Kallie laughed, "He means you stopped playing! You're like a zombie! Are you okay?"

Honestly, he didn't know. What was he supposed to say?

He just shrugged.

"I wanna go inside"

He was worried he would have gotten them upset or something but they just smiled and agreed, running back inside without question.

'How the hell are they half of that bitch, Stacey?'

He followed in, only to see the two clinging to their dad in the kitchen. They laughed and begged to be picked up, hugging their father.

This was it. Anti had to admit now he was jealous. Watching and seeing them so happy and Chase smiling brighter than he had EVER seen . . . . it sort of hurt.

Was he never good enough as a child? Then again, Anti had to realize and remember he was never a child in the first place. He had been their enemy, intent on making their lives miserable, torturing and stealing from others.

"Hey brat" Jackie interrupted his thoughts. He had a smile on his face, having said it affectionately. Anti had always been a brat. Stubborn and troublemaking. He had earned that name with pride.

And now he had never seen Jackie so happy, either but this time . . . it was because of HIM.

"Come here." Jackie waved him over, "You wanna help Chase and I start dinner?"

Chase snorted, "More like Jameson and I and you running off to pretend you're going to go do something you just so happened to 'forget'"

"What?" Jackie laughed, "Nah, what you talking about, bro?"

'They all look so happy. I hadn't even realized up until now. Even while I'm here'

Anti was about to step forward towards Jackie but suddenly changed his mind, 'I . . . . I don't wanna ruin it. What if I do something wrong or something happens to me to make the mood go sour?'