Aren't I Better This Way?

Anti didn't like it one bit. None of it.

He couldn't stop thinking that they were just trying to change him back so they could be rid of him.

'Well I'll show them!'

It was killing Chase, that much he could tell. He could get to him first. Jackie had told them all to stop spoiling or babying Anti and so far they were doing pretty good at it much to Anti's dismay.

Marvin even jokingly almost gave him one of his 'special' cookies again but Chase caught him, saying that was going too far. No marijuana for the child (as long as Anti IS a child).

Not that Anti wanted to experience that again from last time.

He even didn't even want to try the coffee again because of what happened last time thanks to his child sized body!

Jackie started speaking to him more like an adult again and was somewhat avoiding him. Henrik stopped babying him by giving him check-ups every day. Anti was actually starting to miss those already.

Even Jameson was listening to Jackie by not giving him sweets anymore! (Good thing Marvin counteracted it by putting the treats and baked goods well within his reach)

Weeks ago, Anti would have LOVED to be treated more like an adult like this but now . . .. he wanted things back to the way they were when they were spoiling him and actually giving him attention! Treating him . . . like part of the family.

"Hey Anti, you wanna help and take the trash out?" Chase asked him suddenly.

Anti looked at him a tad confused, "Wh- . . But I've never had to before!"

"Can you please just do it?" he begged him.

This was his chance. Anti turned on his puppy eyes, "B-but . . . I have a stomach ache!"

Dad instincts turned on and Chase came up to him, feeling his forehead, "Hm. Your head feels fine. No temp. . . . Maybe I should go get Hen. He'll know what to-"

"N-no!" Anti stopped him. If Henrik looked at him, he'd know he was lying, "C-can I just lay down here for a while? I'm sure if I just rest, I'll-"

"Feel better?" Chase wasn't stupid. He knew what Anti was doing but he sighed, "You know . . . . If you really do have a stomach ache, then rest WILL be best for you. Plenty of water and all that. But also . . . you won't be able to have pizza with us tonight. It'll be oatmeal for you"

Anti's face went pale.

"Damn, you went as white as a ghost! Maybe you really aren't feeling well-"

Anti slapped his hand away from him and grumbled, "I'll go take the trash out"

Chase snorted, "Thought you had a stomach ache?"

Anti was already getting the garbage bag from the kitchen, "IT'S GONE NOW!"

"right"

Well that was a bust.

Moving on to the next target.

After taking out the trash, Anti tried his luck with Henrik. But not with a stomach ache. He wouldn't be able to get away with that and he knew it.

As he made his way sneaking downstairs to Henrik's make-shift clinic, Anti decided to think before he blurted.

He had to act cute. He had to make SOME of them see how much better THIS version of him was than the adult him and then THAT way, he wouldn't turn back and they wouldn't kick him out of the house!