🌵chapter 29

"Again?"

Taehyung sat up on the bed, his overgrown bangs curtaining over his greasy forehead.

It was in the middle of night, the blowing autumn wind getting muted by the loud wails erupting from the room nearby.

"It's your turn today", Jimin mumbled and turned around, pulling the blankets away from his dejected husband.

The other stepped out of the bed with a sigh and fumbled for the milk bottle in the dark through the little gap between his hair locks.

Jimin groaned in his sleep as things fell and crashed on the ground.

"Come here", he gave up his sleep and called for his alpha.

He reached out to switch on the table lamp and pulled out the rubber band hanging around his wrist.

Taehyung crawled across the bed and showed his face to his omega who gently combed up the curly bangs into a small ponytail.

"There you go. Don't stumble and fall", he patted the little tuft of hair.

The other nodded understanding that the caring words were meant for the twins, not him, who might get scared of any loud noises except their own cries, weirdly.

Like that one time he actually fell on his face and triggered the hungry babies, thereby having both of them to spend their remaining night by the cradle making sure nothing else disturbed the two little light sleepers.

"Dad is coming ~", he sang sleepily and picked up the half full bottle of milk from the side table.

He appeared before the twins whose faces were flushed pink crying.

"Did you both wait too long?", he cooed and bend down towards the joint cradles.

Two pairs of eager hands flailed in the air asking for their midnight dinner.

"There, there", the father positioned the bottles for them and the babies took it from there.

"Wah~ my little bears are eating so well", by then his eyes were fully open and adjusted to the dimly lit room.

Though he complained so much to wake up to the cries and feed the twins, the image of the little ones enjoying their milk somehow put a smile on him.

And he always ended the feeding session with soft kisses on their forehead and crawled back into his warm bed receiving a good job kiss from his omega.

A good and tiring way to start the day, at 3 in the morning.

Jimin and Taehyung had moved into their new house soon after the twins crossed their sixth month.

It was spring, that morning when Namjoon and Jin randomly started planning to add an extra room to their house, just for their grandkids.

Taehyung's room was just enough for him and his husband but the babies needed much more space. Less for their little body and more for their material necessities.

But it would be a hassle to look after both the babies and the construction.

Soon the granddads and aunt reluctantly sent off their two little treasures to the new house as their parents' wished.

The house was a fifteen minute drive away from the flower shop. A quiet neighborhood which was expected to be filled with high pitched wails and laughter evident of a new family that was just about to start their life as beautiful four.

The house wasn't too big or too small, so cleaning it wasn't difficult. It had a large living room with an attached kitchen and the former was occupied only by a television and a big couch across it with a fluffy rug stretching in between.