🌵chapter 22

"Don't tell me you guys didn't know about the first conception", Doctor Park stared at both the parents in stupefaction.

The embarassed silence of the couple left him sighing. It wasn't his first time seeing such a couple. In fact few people stay oblivious until it's their third trimester.

"Mr.Park, did you not notice anything diffferent at all, recently? Like feeling nauseous or-"

"Oh!", Jimin jerked at the mention and soon calmed down whispering, "So that's what it was..."

"Yes. That was the first baby and now since it's got a sibling, you might feel more nauseous or twice the symptoms. You need to take more of food containing iron because we don't want you becoming anemic and I'll be giving you folic acid supplements. Make sure you take them", the doctor started scribbling on his notepad, "and I want you both to attend the monthly and weekly check ups without fail. There will be frequent scans so I hope you make time. Do you understand?"

Taehyung nodded frantically like the dotting boyfriend he was, "I'll take care of him, doctor"

"Ofcourse you should"

While the doctor1 wrote down the necessary medicines, Jimin sat motionless. His gaze was studying the pictures of babies on the wall and he wondered if he really would be able to be a good parent.

Taehyung's hands intertwined with his small ones and the warmth pulled his gaze back to his boyfriend.

I'm here.

His smile assured him.

It wasn't a responsibility Jimin was going to carry by himself and the presence of his alpha showed just that.

Together, they will learn and together, they would grow into better parents.

While Taehyung paused by the pharmacy to buy the medicines, Jimin let go of his hands, "I'll go wait in the park"

"No", the younger pulled him back, "Wait a minute and let's go together"

He wasn't ready to leave his omega on his own. Not a second.

"I wanna sit for sometime", Jimin slipped out of the hold again, "I'll be fine. Don't worry". He gave a tired smile.

Taehyung understood the gaze that needed some alone time. He let go.

Paying the bill, he walked out into the hospital garden near the parking lot.

The phone rang. His parents.

"Hello, dad"

"What happened? Is Jimin alright? Did you see the doctor? Was he available? Should we come there?" Jin spoke as if rapping, "Tell me something!"

Taehyung imagined the look on their faces as if, holding the phone in speaker and waiting for his answer with perked up ears. He chuckled.

"He is pregnant with twins", he smiled.

The next second he heard Mina's scream and Jungkook wishing him congrats. Jin sighed in relief and Namjoon sang his happiness in broken high notes.

The family was elated.

While Taehyung, swallowed in doubt.

If this gift they were bestowed with had arrived at the right time or not...

His eyes searched for Jimin around the park. He spotted him on a bench, bent over with his face buried in his palms.

"I'll call you later, dad", Taehyung cut the call and ran towards his boyfriend.