🌵chapter 5

"Taehyung hyung", Jungkook entered the shop and was immediately greeted by Mina with her high pitched voice that she let out only when excited or angry while other times she spoke low or without much difference in tone.

"Jungkook oppa!", she held onto his arms and looked up at him with a never fading admiration.

He smiled at her with his gentlest eyes, "Came back from school?"

"Yes!", she nodded.

"Yah! You don't call your own brother oppa. Aren't you giving me too little respect?", Taehyung gave a light flick on her head but Jungkook bocked him.

Mina blushed seeing him protect her and her brother was equally flustered but Jungkook held onto Taehyung's hand and slipped out of the other's hold.

"I need to discuss something with you, hyung", his eyes looked dull and tired.

Taehyung nodded understanding his situation and called him to his room, "Mina bring us something to drink"

"Huh?", she stood confused and with an aching chest at how Jungkook didn't even spare her a look after letting go.…almost as if he was annoyed. But she still went to the kitchen to ask her father for some juice not forgetting his favourites. It wasn't the first time he acted cold towards her. Sometimes smiling sweetly and other times pretending she didn't exist. She should've been used to his mood swings by now but they hurt nevertheless.

"What is it now?", Taehyung pushed him a chair while he sat on the bed.

"I think I wanna move out", he said in an unstable voice, eyes stuck to the floor.

"Jungkook-ah! We talked about this already-"

"It's time I did it hyung!", his head shot up but he bend down at once feeling his eyes well up in tears and continued swallowing a familiar pain, "She is pregnant so father wants me to move out"

"What?", Taehyung yawped in shock, "He asked you directly?!"

"He suggested I live near the University for my convenience...", he scoffed, "like a caring father"

Looking up at the older he said, "He is a really good actor hyung. I almost believed he loved me enough to be a part of his new family", a drop rolled down and gave way to few more that wet his cheeks in an instant.

Running to him Taehyung embraced him, patting his back continuously, "It's fine. I'm here. We are there. You'll be fine", he kept repeating the words until his sobs settled down to sniffs. Lifting up his head he said, "Don't ever think you are alone and thankyou for coming to me", and smiled wiping away the boy's damp skin.

"Hey and did Mina tell you about-"

"Hyung about that..", Jungkook hesitated and the other knew something unpleasant was coming his way.

The boy had never spoken about his sister or what kind of feelings he had towards her but the way he looked at her said he cared and liked her. Atleast that's how Taehyung understood it.

"What is it?"

"It's... nothing like that hyung", he said looking down at his fingers that fidgeted.

Taking his seat back on the bed Taehyung asked, "Why? She ain't pretty?"

"Ofcourse she is", he smiled, "Mina is cute, intelligent, kind. And I like her but just not as a woman", he said still not looking up.

The older sat without much reaction, "Are you sure? You aren't lying are you?", he asked to confirm his doubts.

Jungkook remained silent not able to answer at once but soon he looked up at the other and shook his head, "I'm sorry"