🌵chapter 25

A hearty meal of kimchi fried rice cooked by Taehyung was served to the whole family. Everyone except Jimin hesitated to dig their spoons into the plate.

The omega who had already tasted his alpha's first ever cooking, merrily scooped a spoon full of the delicious food. It made him giggle in joy and the person near him couldn't help but grin from the butterflies that teased in his heart at the sight of the bulged out cheeks.

The others exchanged surprised glances and curiously tried half a spoon of the rice Jimin was appreciating with just expressions.

"Well, this is unexpected", Jin commented, satisfied with the taste.

Namjoon nodded, "We were doubtful about how you guys would manage once you move into the new house but I guess we worried for nothing. Taehyung can cook and Jimin can take care of the babies"

"Wait", Taehyung put down his spoon and so did Jimin, "New house? I haven't started earning enough to move out yet. Let us stay here until I earn enough to buy at least a studio apartment"

Jimin agreed for, his inadequate experience in taking care of a new born posed a problem.

The parents laughed at the two fretting over the news.

"We are buying you the house. Well, technically a gift it is. To congratulate you both for the wedding", Jin explained.

"Right. We wanted it to be a surprise but since it's you both who will be living there we thought why not let you guys choose", Namjoon said.

"No", Taehyung disagreed, "I can't accept this gift dad. I can never"

"It's fine, Taehyung-"

"No, it's not. I have been under your care and support for long and I can't make you do this too. This is just unfair", he shook his head.

"And I can't possibly look after the babies alone in the house", Jimin stated, "We both need your help"

The parent's exchanged glances again but this time a sigh followed.

"First of all, this is our wish", Jin spoke looking at his son, "We wanna give you guys and our grandkids a peaceful place to live in. Here, the shops are loud in the day and there isn't enough space for them to play or move around. And you guys will need privacy too"

He turned to Jimin, "It's not like you guys are moving to another district. It's still within Seoul. We will always make time to visit our little ones"

"Maybe we'll also stay over for a week or two until you guys kick us out", Namjoon laughed.

"But still...", Jimin's face dulled out, "They need the best care from their grandparents"

The elders were left confused. Though it was them who came up with the idea, it seemed there were certain points they hadn't thought through.

"Okay, let me propose a deal", Mina intervened unable to take the news of staying away from here little cousins, "How about you guys stay here until the babies turn a year old. Jimin oppa would've learned all there is to know about child care within that time"

"Perfect!", Jihun exclaimed with a thumbs up.

"What about me?", Taehyung asked, expecting a solution for his disapproval.

"Yours is a problem with you head. You need to accept a gift when it is offered to you. That's manners. Weren't you the one who taught me these?", Mina shook her head in disappointment.

His brother scoffed in disbelief.

"Taehyung", Namjoon called, "Let us do this. We want to"

"And don't worry about the money. We have been saving for this moment since the day we knew you guys were soulbonds", Jin winked surprising the other two.