🌵chapter 31

Jimin staggered.

His husband caught him and looked at him in alarm. Millions of thoughts erupted in his mind and he wished everything would just vanish into thin air.

"What's wrong, Jimin?", he asked in a tone of urgency that only increased as he noticed the sweat beads around his omega's face.

Jimin held onto him tight as he breathed heavily, "Home..."

Taehyung pushed his questions for later and rushed the other to the car, their cart and groceries abandoned.

Jimin's legs jittered all the way as the car drove out of the parking lot and into the road. His eyes frantically searched for maybe a lucky glimpse of his kids.

A call came in for Taehyung. It was his father.

As the news poured into his ear, rage and worry built up like lava in a volcano.

It was no better with his parents. The whole family were on the verge of hunting down the kidnappers by themselves and tearing them into pieces.

He kept checking on Jimin who was beside him, trembling and sweating nonstop.

But he never cried. His welled up eyes never let a tear roll down.

His lips trembled as he continued to mutter something under his breath.

Taehyung hoped he wasn't blaming himself for everything. It was a futile hope knowing Jimin's personality.

He stepped on the accelerator.

They reach his father's house where Mina and Jungkook waited by the shop entrance looking anxious.

Jimin dashed out of the car into the house in search of Minseok.

"Where is he? He told me he'll wait here. I need to go look for my kids. They need me", he walked into every room with his shoes still on.

"Jimin! Calm down!", Taehyung followed him only to find him sitting on the floor, his shoulders slouched making him look smaller.

He walked to him, "Uncle Minseok already left to search for our kids. We need to relax-"

"How can I relax in this situation? How can I calm down and do nothing while I can only imagine what will happen to my kids in some strange place-", Jimin's breath hitched as he broke into tears finally.

"...me", he spoke between his cries, "because of me...everything"

Taehyung held him his arms firmly as he said, "No. It's not your fault. You have always wanted the best for them. I know that better than anyone else. So please don't blame yourself, Chim"

Nothing soothed Jimin's hurting chest. It kept hurting in fear and guilt.

"If only I was careful...if only I took care of the kids by myself", he blamed himself again.

"That was the best you could do at that time. Why would you blame yourself for being a good mother and husband?", he rubbed his back, while holding his own tears at bay.

"And that was not what I meant when I told to relax", he pulled Jimin away from the hug, "We can't wait for the police to find our kids. Let's do whatever we can in our own way. Hm?"

With a teary view Jimin saw his husband stretch a difficult smile for him. He nodded eagerly.

"We need to search the probable places Jiwon would go to", Jin said.

"And only one person would know that. Her accomplice, Park Minjae. But he's in prison", Namjoon sighed.

"There is another one person who might know where she is", Jimin said, climbing down the stairs with Taehyung.