🌵chapter 17

Jimin lay in his bed, eyes fixed on the message screen. Specifically, his messages that were left on read. Confused, worried maybe even anxious but not angry. He wasn't upset but just concerned if his boyfriend was fine back at the latter's home.

He moved his fingers about the screen to ask Taehyung if he had a good sleep but soon deleted it and went back to grumble into his pillow about wanting to see the other male.

Jihun who wasn't allowed into the greenhouse until his brother's heat subsided, left the older a message and left to school.

Jimin woke up only when the strong summer rays attacked his skin through the glasses. If he had slept a little longer he was sure of getting a sun burn over half his face.

Kyungha had left him clothes to change into and some light breakfast. Every time Jimin had his heat it was also accompanied by indigestion so he made sure to eat more fibre than calories.

Once he began spending more than half his time at the greenhouse, which almost became his second home, there was even a bathroom built for him there. When it became hard to hold in the pain of heat he would get into a tub of water until his skin was soaked with wrinkles.

After taking a quick shower and changing into his pyjamas he sat down to finish his meal. Before he started, a picture of the food was sent to Taehyung captioned, "Did you have your breakfast yet?"

After his light breakfast, Jimin took some suppressants out of his bag when a short reply came from Taehyung.

"Yeah"

That was all.

Sighing at the screen he didn't hesitate to call Taehyung. But it didn't connect through. And later, a message dropped by saying he was busy.

"Then should we do a video call tonight? I wanna see you", Jimin sent the message.

"I'm visiting my grandma's house in Daegu. We are leaving tonight so I'll be a bit busy. Sorry", was Taehyung's reply. A rejection.

It didn't say that they could speak later but that he didn't want to call sooner or later. Jimin understood it right away.

"Alright! Message me when you leave. Take care ♡", Jimin replied and clenched his phone hard.

"Is he upset? He did look disturbed from what happened yesterday. Did I disgust him that day…?", Jimin muttered to himself various possible reasons but only grew anxious as Taehyung kept avoiding conversations with him.

"Jimin?", a voice called out.

It was Jiwon, Hyunji's mother. Like usual, she had a calm and cheerful aura.

"Good morning, Aunty", Jimin bowed and walked down his gazebo to greet her.

They sat by the fountain looking at the daisies in their full bloom. Jimin smiled remembering his talk about the flowers with Jihun.

"I know it's not my place to ask", Jiwon said turning to him, "have you found your alpha yet?"

Jimin blushed. It became an immediate reaction to any topic regarding Taehyung and it came even without his permission at times.

Jiwon smiled, "You must blush easily or it must be that you already have a lover"

Jimin's fingers began poking at the marble seat around the fountain. He didn't reply. He hasn't opened up about his relationship with Taehyung to anyone in the family except Jihun and he decided to keep it that way.

Shifting back her glance to the daisies Jiwon said, "As an omega myself I understand the difficulties you face everytime your heat comes. I used to hate alphas and so depended on heat suppressants every single time"