🌵chapter 13

“We knew”, Jin said chewing his rice and Namjoon nodded.

"What?!", Taehyung dropped his spoon on the dining table, "b-but how?"

"Well, I'm surprised you didn't notice", Namjoon said pointing his spoon at the boy.

"How could you not recognise Jimin? No wonder he was upset with you", Jin agreed.

Taehyung couldn't say anything to that. He should've recognized Jimin right away. Even when there were so many clues he still ignored them.

"I am upset too", he said with a grumpy face, folding his arms.

His parents saw him with pitiful eyes and shook their heads in disappointment.

"You need to learn more about love my son", Jin said and walked away to the sink. Cleaning his plate he explained, "He must've had his reasons too. You should learn to consider his situations before getting upset with him"

Namjoon agreed.

After cleaning away the table, Taehyung went to his room pondering about the talk with his parents. Mina who was in the next one had her eyes glued to the bright phone screen. She had two messages.

"How are you feeling now?"

Both had asked the same question.

Her gaze darted between both and she chose to answer Jihun's first.

"I'm fine now sunbae. Sorry for worrying you"

"It's good that you are fine. Let's meet in school tomorrow. You'll be coming right?", Jihun replied instantly.

"Yes, sunbae. See you tomorrow. Good night ^^"

When she replied to the other message all she said was, "Good. Thanks oppa"

Again she pushed back the resurfacing feelings. Smiling at the memory of his warmth around her, his gentle voice consoling her, his pinky around hers, she put away her phone and rubbed away the wetness under her eye.

"This is for the best"

Taehyung lay awake in his bed, eyes roaming about his white ceiling but thoughts revolving around Jimin. How could he not notice?

The more he thought, the obvious it got.

The first time he met. When he lost his senses to Jimin's beauty. The first smile he encountered, he knew it was a dangerous steep down there where he would definitely slip and fall if he stepped anymore near. The conversations they had, comfortable and familiar. Jimin's eye smile, his full cheeks, plump lips, crooked teeth and the most gentle warmth of his touch that never left Taehyung's mind from years ago.

Taehyung knew everything and he was blind. Blinded with illusions about soulbonds and fantasies.

It was never about mystical forces or unearthly connections binding two souls. Soulbond was about love. Only love. Loving the other, not by scent or fate but through one's soul. Through the scars on a soul, the light and darkness in it, the happiness and sadness filling it; soulbonding was about love between souls with everything and anything in it.

And Taehyung almost lost it in the past but not again.

Now that he had found Jimin, all he wanted to do was love him, freely. Without the bothering thoughts about pheromones, bonds or gender. He wanted to be in love with everything about him.

"I wanna see him", he sighed.

Dinner was over in the mansion.The elders were spending the little time before sleep with their granddaughter, who looked tired from all the laughs and cries during the day. There was also another person in the mansion who kept crying.