🌵chapter 24

"Let's speak for a bit, Minjae", Mrs.Park followed her husband into their bedroom, as he walked unmindful of her pestering.

Both returned home late that night and the man focusing more on family business rather than the experiments he was so fond of confused her. None of what he did made sense to her anymore.

"About what?", he asked, removing his blazer and tie, happy to breath freely after a long day at the office. Lately he had been carrying a satisfied smile on his face that was creeping his wife out.

"What is your plan?", her voice, cautious.

The smile widened. "Plan? I never made one. But whatever is happening right now looks like a readymade plan to me. Better than anything I could've come up with"

His face glowed in elation.

Mrs.Park's concern for Taehyung and his family built up in a second.

"A possibly whole family of pure blood alphas. Of course it is a jackpot to you", she clenched her purse.

The man neared her. Taking hold of her shoulders he made her sit on the bed gently, not his usual self, and took a seat beside her.

"It's a double jackpot dear. You know what they say, "Two birds in one stone". Let's say it's something like that"

The color on her pretty face drained away with an ambiguous fear raising up in the bottom of her gut. There was more harm to come from this person she called husband.

"A source of confirmation and a very precious research tool. One that has sped up my experiments faster than all these past years", Minjae continued with an amused laugh, "It's funny because everything happened on it's own and came to me in a fully prepared form. Maybe a gift from heaven?"

The clueless expression on his wife only made him laugh more, like a maniac, "I meant those grandkids you all are eagerly waiting to welcome"

"Minjae!", she yelled in fear. Not the unborn children.

"Don't worry. I just need few samples. You will get to see them alive. Probably", he stood up with a smirk and turned around.

"And remember that your son is carrying the genes of a pure breed alpha. Plus it's twins. Do you think both will be delivered alive? At least one will be killed in the womb by the other. Such are those creatures"

His warning gave her chills that seeped until her marrows. She froze unable to breath with the news stuck at her throat.

"That's not possible", she begged to no one in the desolate night.

The morning in the Kim's house was livened up with Mina's whining and her parents losing their patience over the girl refusing to attend cram school.

"I know enough Japanese already. I wanna stay home and discuss the company's name with ya'll", she wriggled out of her bag, that fell on the floor with a thud.

"Urusai!", Jin shouted and slipped the bag onto her shoulders again, "You need to get the certificate to enter a college in Japan" {means, shut up}

"Kamawan", she whined louder. {means, I don't care}

Her brother snickered from behind, "Did you learn Japanese from animes? You always use informal speech"

"You!", she shot glares at him, "Urusai, baka!"

But that only made him stick his tongue out.

"Drop it, Tae", Jimin slapped his arm, keeping his amusement at the Kim siblings underneath his smile.