🌵chapter 3

Spring reminds one of pink cherry blossoms scattered along the side walk and the cool morning breeze reminding one of the winter that had passed, grazing one's face as they cycle down the streets of Seoul. The Han river glimmering under the sun as the bridge above it slowly gets filled with noisy traffic. But before any of the working people start their day, it appears rather silent except for few joggers trying their best to sweat out their calories, living a health concious life.

Taehyung didn't bother jogging or working out. He woke up as early as 4:30 in the morning. Coming down to the kitchen to get his morning milk he would gulp it down and end up with a satisfied smile on his face. He would then take a good 40 minutes to clean the shop; disposing all the dried flowers and leaves while also picking out few almost withered ones and saving them within heavy binded books, cleaning the dust off those large ornamental plants that rarely go out for sale, laying out the display shelf to arrange small potted plants on them and finally turning the wooden sign board to "Open".

That was his daily life. His exercises getting compensated with cleaning and cycling around the neighbourhood shops to deliver them flowers and occasionally to few houses. While he would deliver all flowers, one of the bundle would always be delivered by his sister, Mina before she left for school. A bundle of lavendars. But she would add a pink rose to it.

"Mina! Are you gonna deliver it or should I?", Taehyung shouted from the shop to his sister on the first floor.

"Don't you dare, Kim Taehyung!", the girl hurriedly climbed down the stairs, standing before him like victory was hers, "On time!", she announced, her heavy breath hitting her brother's face.

Scanning up and down, Taehyung noticed her washed hair combed neatly into a high pony, two hairclips on the sides shaped like sea shells with glitter on them, her eyebrows done, lip tint visible with a matching subtle blush on the cheeks. She cleary wore makeup and looked cute but as an older brother he hated to admit it.

With a straightface he said, "Your breath stinks", and made a run for it like always but Mina stood in her spot looking not so surprised.

"I'm not gonna get mad at you my dear brother", her voice softened but with a smug look on her face she continued, "From today, you'll see a new Mina. I don't wanna get late for my first day of high school by playing with you. Bye~", she said and turned away tossing her hair.

Blinking at another one of her acts Taehyung saw her leave the shop hugging the flower bundles. Sighing at his sister who always seemed preoccupied with the same thought every morning he called out, "Miss. New Mina, you forgot your school bag"

She walked back at the same speed and put on her bag and turned to leave.

"…and your lunch too"

She paused and a few seconds later, Taehyung put the hot box into her backpack and gave it a pat signalling her to go.

"New Mina my ass", he chuckled at her as she ran out in bouncy steps.

"She never learns", Jin shook his head side to side his face showing disapproval. He stood wearing his kitchen apron that had some rice and sesame seeds sticking to it.

"I seriously don't get why you hate him so much, dad", Taehyung smiled at his father's annoyed face.

"You won't understand the worries of a father", Jin stated.

"What's there to worry? His family is good. They own a bakery that runs well. You know his parents too and they seem really kind", Taehyung reasoned out.

"It's not about them. Something about that boy annoys me"

"But he is handsome. Attends a decent university. Has a good personality and I don't know why but he reminds me of a bunny", he chuckled.