🌵chapter 18

Pushing the blanket away, Jimin rolled in his bed groaning about the sultry air. He wondered if it was time that the sun stood high enough to heat up the greenhouse. Even the pillow was wet from his sweat.

Grunting about his disturbed sleep he groped around him for his cellphone. Opening a slit between his lids, he peeked at the bright screen.

"What the hell? It's just 5 and the sun is out already?", he turned to the ceiling and all he saw was the fading space blue still holding it's twinkling stars in it's darkness.

With crowed brows at the odd weather, he propped himself on the bed and instantly felt his joints hurt. Every move he made  while sitting up gave his limb muscles short but painful cramps.

He didn't remember doing any heavy labour the day before to end up with such muscle cramps. It was sudden and apart from the body pain his skin seemed to be drenched in perspiration.

Wiping away his forehead that had also wet his brown locks, he pressed his hand over his neck and cheeks. They were cold unlike his insides that were heating up.

He needed help but the contacts on his phone showed no one promising enough. Jihun had left for a little trip with his friends the day before. Kyungha had gone back home saying her grandchildren had come to visit. Taehyung was in Daegu and Jimin felt bad to pester him when the former already gave signals of distancing himself away.

The only option was his mother, though he knew it wouldn't do any good.

So a call rang from his phone to Minhee. Surprisingly, it connected through sooner than expected.

"Mother?", he spoke faintly, trying hard not to hint the pain.

"Huh? Just a minute", Minhee rushed out of the bedroom keeping an eye on her husband.

"Jimin-ah? What is it?", her concerned voice was strange to Jimin. It had been years since hearing that.

"Umm…I don't know…can you come here? My body is aching all over an-"

"I'll be there in a minute", she said hurriedly and cut the call.

Just as said, her footsteps soon reached Jimin's ears. He laid back on his bed but now had his comforter covering all of him.

Following the light in the gazebo Minhee took faster steps to her son.

"Why? Where does it hurt?", she put away her phone and felt for his temperature.

"Thank goodness it's only a little higher", she sighed.

Jimin through his half lidded eyes noticed how she was still her night gown, her hair a mess. While it confused him, he felt happy to have his mother back.

"It's like my heat is coming back but I did take my suppressant", he said incase she got upset with him for not taking proper measures during his heat.

"It's okay. Let's bring down the temperature first. Maybe take another one now, early for the day", she patted his cheeks and turned to fetch a bowl of water. It was true that his scent had filled the whole greenhouse.

"You are scaring me, mother", he half smiled, "Being affectionate all of a sudden", and gulped another tablet.

She paused at his comment that seeped into her chest like a dagger but pushing back her tears she left to the bathroom.

While she got back, the blankets were lying on the floor and Jimin was turning around half asleep.

Sitting beside his pillow, she placed a wet cloth over his head and with another one, wiped away his sweat.