🌵chapter 19

"Hope Boarding Pet house"

That was the place Hoseok worked at. To freely pet and adore animals was his reason when he opted to work at his Uncle's shop. Having brought up among fluffy dogs, lazy cats, noisy birds and even tiny sugar gliders, his love for fauna naturally became his passion.

Afterall he was the one who helped his uncle name the pet house.

Everyday he would coo cheesy words at the pets while bathing and feeding them except for the past week.

Just one dog named Holly was exhausting him like it was his master.

The medium sized brown poodle refused to give in to sweet words or praises or even treats. It would turn away from him the moment he smiled or touched it and when he left it to be, growls filled it's kennel. Hoseok was in so much confusion about how to care for the dog that he took time from his sleep hour to look through books and blogs on pet care management.

And fortunately for him, he was informed that Holly would be picked up by his owner soon.

"Noona, I'm here. You can go home now", Hoseok said entering the shop.

The mentioned lady, who looked half dead, nodded at him and went to the lockers to get her stuff.

"Woah, are you a zombie? Get some rest at home, noona", he worried.

"I'm gonna sleep like the dead for a whole day. Don't call me I won't answer", she waved goodbye and exited the door.

"Ok, let's start working with some muzzzic", he announced like some t.v. show host and hit the play button on his phone. The song started with the loud sound of a bass horn and he started dancing while picking up the dog food to fill the kennel bowls.

"Daechwita! Daechwita!.."

The door bells jingled again letting in a customer who simply stood at the entrace watching him dance and rap with so much soul.

"Did I perhaps step into Joseon era? Is this one of those doors from Goblin or what?", the customer mumbled looking around the shop.

Hoseok spilled some food on the floor but that didn't stop him from moving but when he danced around in circles, he locked eyes with the customer.

"That was very entertaining and now if you will help me to get my pet back", the customer, a man wearing a black mask, said in a very much apathetic tone.

Hoseok apologised and hurried to the counter to serve his needs. Giving him a form to fill in about his pet and the owner's information, he scanned through his appearance.

White shirt and black pants, a black leather bag in hand and a silver string of earing dangling from his right lobe. The only part of his pale face visible were his tiny eyes and neck for his messy dark hair covered up the whole of his forehead like a curtain.

"You have feline eyes", Hoseok commented, lost in the pair of dreamy yet sharp orbs, "They are pretty"

The guy stopped writing. Rolling the metal pen between his fingers he said, "Ah…Thanks", in a tone fading low.

The guy bent low hiding his face, his eyes.

"Can I take back Holly now?", he asked returning the filled form, still not able to meet eyes with him.

"Yeah, sure"

The dog refused to budge. It turned around facing away from Hoseok.

It's owner giggled.

"I guess she hates me…", Hoseok simpered leaving the other to pick the dog.

The guy crouched down to the kennel door and pulled down his mask to call out to her…in a voice that surprised the other. It wasn't any different from a father cuddling his princess.