Shadows

⚠️ This chapter contains mature sexual content. Please only read if you're comfortable with that or skip over that section.⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sodapop's POV

To say that mine and Steve's relationship is complicated would be a huge understatement. We're still able to joke around and rough house and just be good buds, but when the doors close and we're left alone, a switch is flipped.

I mean there's always a little tension between us, but I like to think that we're good at hiding it until we're alone.

We're pretty good at having fun, if you know what I mean, but I could tell Steve wants more. I want more too, I want to give all of myself to him, in every single way possible. We've even talked about it a bit, but that was before Darry got shot, and before I was forced to stay with the Butlers and before my body was marked in every way possible.

His lips still felt smooth against mine, and I still got butterflies when his fingers caressed my jawline. Though when his hands moved and tried to get under my clothes, it freaked me out. I didn't want him to see the dozens of bruises and cuts that covered me. Even if Darry did put bandages over all of them, the sight still wasn't pretty.

I was currently at his house, on his bed, and straddling him in an upwards position. My one hand was lost in his hair and the other was pressed against his chest. His own hands were gripping into my hips and his lips were locked with mine.

I've been trying to come up with a label for us, but I can't seem to find one that fit. He obviously wasn't my boyfriend. I mean I still had a girlfriend, so did he. Friends with benefits seemed close, but there was a connection, a spark between us that required a deeper label. I've been wanting to ask Steve was he thinks we are, but I can't figure out for to start that conversation.

So instead of talking, I'm letting him shove his tongue down my throat.

I felt his hands move slightly from my hips and to the seam of my flannel. Trying not to break the flow we had going, I pulled his hand back up to where they were but kept our lips connected.

He obviously seemed taken aback and tried to pull away. "Soda?" He muttered but I cut him off by taking his lip between my teeth. "Hey, stop." He pushed me away a bit.

"What's wrong?" I asked suddenly, knowing completely what was wrong.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked in a soft way though I could tell he was getting annoying. This wasn't the first time I was doing this.

"Nothing." I tried smiling, but Steve wasn't buying it. "Now are you gonna start macking on me or what?" I bit my lip and rocked myself against his crotch.

After rolling his eyes, Steve grabbed my wrists and then flipped me over, so I was now pinned down on the bed, my hands above my head. He grabbed my cock with his other hand and began rubbing it through my jeans. His lips moved to my ear and he moaned into him. I felt my pants grow even tighter and by Steve's cocky laugh I knew he did too.

His hand went to the button of my jeans and his mouth met mine. "Wait!" I said as he popped the button open. I struggled for a second but then busted my hands free and wiggled myself up.

"What's wrong?" He asked quickly.

"I-I just don't wanna, um. Can we just kiss and stuff?" I was almost nervous Steve was going to get mad at me, but his eyes went soft and he got off of me.

"Sure." He muttered. "But it's not like I haven't seen you naked before, so what's the problem?"

He had a right to be annoyed, or at least concerned, but I didn't have a good answer to give him. "I uh, I'm just not in the mood." My voice went up, and I understood why everyone always says in a bad liar.