Prologue

"FUCK YOU WORLD!!! FUCK YOU AND ALL OF YOU PEOPLE! FUCK YOU, MOM!! I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU! HOW DARE YOU SEND ME TO THAT CONVERSION CAMP! I HATE HOW QUICKLY YOU STOPPED SEEING ME AS YOUR CHILD! I HATE HOW YOU TOLD ME ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS WHEN I WAS A CHILD!! I WAS A FUKING KID FOR CRIS SAKE! YET YOU USED ME AS YOUR THERAPIST! I HATE-I HATE-! I FUCKING HATE YOU! I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW. LOOK AT ME NOW, MOM! LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK HOW YOU TRIED TO FIX ME. AM I MAKING YOU HAPPY NOW?! AM I, MOTHER?!" A person yelled from the top of their lungs from the top of a 20-story building. They laughed as they turned around and finally fell backward.

Their life started to flash before their eyes. They simply smiled...They knew that they would soon be free. Free from this unkind world... Free... They...... will... Be... Free... soon.

That was the last time anyone ever saw Aoi. some say that their dead body had the most peaceful of smiles. Dead at 25 and filled with no regrets for they made peace with this choice long ago. It's a pity that Aoi would never know that at the moment, when they jumped, another person came rushing through the rooftop door, yelling their name. This person was none other than their childhood friend Aiko, she yelled but it was too late for fate was already set in stone.

"--NO!!! NO. I never got the chance to tell you that... I love you. If only I arrived here sooner... If only I told them sooner... If only!", Aiko cried out as she dropped to her knees and cried into her hands.

The end|

"This.... NOW THIS WILL MAKE MY READERS CRY!!,"(Y/N) happily yelled as they celebrated

-1 month later-

"Today joining us live to talk about their book is none other than the young queer author, Nutria! It's a pleasure to have you here!" A Late-night host said as she looked at (Y/N) who was sitting on a chair next to her desk.

"The pleasure is all mine, Diana. Thank you for having me!" (y/n) happily said as they shook hands

"what can you tell us about your recent bestseller 'Hold me Tight With no Regrets' and the inspiration behind it?"

"Certainly. The story takes place in Japan and it follows Aoi, who's nonbinary. We read the hardships and struggles Aoi goes through with societal norms. An unaccepting family, and the overall stigma around Japan's X-gender, their term for non-binary, andLGBTQ+ individuals. Though Aoi's story is more of a collection of some of the problems Lgbtq+ individuals face-go through. The book's goal is to bring attention to these problems in hopes that people rally together to bring about change. 'Cause at the end of the day, human rights are not debatable and if you don't like these types of lifestyles then by all means don't do it. Don't go around trying to push your beliefs onto others and try to rob them of their own choices. If you have nothing good to say, then shut your mouth and mind your own business."

"totally agree. Can everyone in the audience repeat after me? Human rights are what?!"Diana yelled to which the audience followed with. "NOT DEBATABLE!"

"hell yeah they aren't! And if anyone says otherwise then they are human scum!" (y/n) said as they laughed a bit.

"now going back on topic...why are all the books you publish all LGBTQ+ related? A number of critics say, and I quote, 'discriminatory that you have not written a single book following a straight romantic couple.' is your response to this?", Diana asked as she showed an image of that article.

"To answer your first question, I write LGBTQ+ books because as a queer Latinx person Myself; I was sick of searching for hours for a single book I can personally relate to as a queer person and as a POC. I thought, "If I can't find the books I want, then fine I'll do it myself. And here I am!", (Y/N) said proudly as they crossed their legs, "and to answer your second question. I have written a book about a straight couple. It's called 'Do you still love me' it follows a trans girl who was chosen by the universe to be a superhero and 'I rather have cake' is a story of a girl who's ace and struggles to find a guy she likes in order to have a Platonic relationship. So I don't understand why they are mad about it. OH! I think they meant a straight cis love story that involves sex! Well too bad I refuse to write a book about that"

"why?" Diana questioned

"Simple, there's countless books, movies, TV shows about that. You want a book like that then you can effortlessly find one. But if you want an Lgbtq+ book that has diversity then that's hard to find. The sole reason I became a writer was to cater to that under-represented audience, and if that makes me a bad guy then color me surprised" (y/n) smirked and winked at the audience which made them cheer.

"Sadly our time is almost up but before we go, Nutria has an announcement to make!"

"Thank you again, Diana. I'm donating 10% of all sales of Hold me Tight With no Regrets' to the Trevor Project and 35% to GLSEN who works to transform K-12 schools into safe and affirming environments and ensure that LGBTQ students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment!", (Y/N) happily exclaimed which made the audience cheer even more. "Now for my final announcement; I'm moving to Japan in three months! I'm looking forward to meeting my fans in japan in person! sa·yo·na·ra! Goodbye, everyone!"

"Cut!!!" "That's a wrap everyone!!"

"I'm so tired! My Japanese lessons aren't going so well—OW!", (y/n) complained as they sank into the chair only to be hit by a rolled-up newspaper, "Why? Just why?".

"tsk, you know why so don't 'why' me", Dianna said with an annoyed voice.

"Is it because I ate your share of Choco flan? I only ate it because you finished my Ensalada de Frutas! Jerk", (Y/n) pouted.

"no, it's not about that! It's about you going to japan! Why didn't you tell me!", Diana said, angry that her sister-in-law never informed her.

"I was about to but I thought if I announced on your nights' show, you'd get more views! And it's not like I'm going to live in the middle of Tokyo! I managed to buy a small house in Ibaraki Prefecture !", (y/n) exclaimed before being whacked by the newspaper once more.

"That's not the issue here! You are sixteen! ! You are a goddamn child! What are you thinking about moving to a different country all alone! Did you forget that you are just a defenseless Gi-", Diana managed to say before being cut off

" I dare you ....I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE! YOU KNOW FOR A FACT I'M NOT A GIRL! I'm NOT A BOY! I AM MY OWN PERSON! I AM NONE-OF THOSE! I AM NOT DEFENSELESS AND YOU KNOW THAT FIRSTHAND! I KNOW I'LL FACE SOME DISCRIMINATION FOR BEING WHAT I AM! JUST SAY WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SAY! YOU THINK I'LL RELAPSE! YOU THINK I'M NO STRONG ENOUGH TO HANDLE ONE OF MY EPISODES! BUT YOU'RE WRONG! I'VE BEEN HANDLING THEM FOR YEARS WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM ANYONE! SO DON'T THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LECTURE ME! YOU ARE NOT MY MOM NOR ARE YOU MY OLDER BROTHER! THEY ARE BOTH GONE AND YOU CAN'T BE TREATING ME LIKE YOUR CHILD!", (Y/N) yelled as they ran out of the empty studio.

"I ...I know I can't replace them", Diana muttered softly as she watched (Y/N) storm off.

"Who do you think you are Diana! You're not mom. You can't replace them! You're my sister-in-law... not my mother nor my brother. I'll show you... I'LL SHOW YOU THAT I DON'T NEED YOU!", (Y/N) yelled as a fire had been lit inside of them as they pulled out their phone "Magi! There's been a change of planes! We're going to Japan tomorrow! And we will be staying in your hometown. Sell the other house we bought and buy one in Okinawa. Pick me up first please".

Now our story truly begins! Sa-yo-na-ra!