Chapter 19: Warrior

October 1st 2015,

Dear Diary,

In the past few months a lot has changed, first my mom started to see a therapist. I can tell through facetime she is doing a lot better then what she was. My mom and I also sold the house and moved in with Demi, Dianna, Madison and Eddie. My father also got sentence to neglect, physical/emotional abuse. He was sentence to twenty years in jail and no parole, Mom and I got a restraining order against him and she filed for divorce. I have never seen my mother so happy. As for me I have been in rehab here at Timberline Knolls for seven months now. It has been going well, Mom and everyone is super supportive. The first couple of months was rough like Demi said it would be. My roommate Ashley is so nice even though she talks to herself constantly but I don't mind. I have also graduated from Marymount early with honors and I have been accepted into UCLA to study criminal justice. I plan on going to law school once I am done with undergrad. My good friend Aria will be going to FIDM for fashion. My boyfriend Jay has also graduated from high school as well, he will be attending Los Angeles Pierce College for automotive service technology. I almost forgot about Brody he was caught with drug possession and running from the cops, he was sentenced to jail for five years, he also lost his scholarship to play football for San Diego State.

June 1st, 2016

Dear Diary,

Well today is the day that I get to leave timberline Knolls, my therapist here was wanting me to keep a diary to write in for everyday use. I have spent eight long months here and I am so ready and looking forward to going home. Just in time to spend time with Demi before she goes on her future now tour with Nick Jonas. She asked Mon, Dianna, Madison, Eddie, Dallas, Jay and I join her on tour before Jay and I go off for college in the fall. Well I have to go, my mom just got here to take me home .

I gathered up my diary and stuffed it in my bag. I was going to miss this place and miss all of the wonderful people I have met here. Demi was right this place will change you for the better.

"My baby!" Mom yelled through the door hugging me and nearly knocking me off my feet

"Hi mom." I smiled and told her

"I am so ready for you to come home!" Mom said grabbing my bags from the bed

"I am too." I told her grabbing my purse off the bed

I looked one last time at my room and smiled. Today is the day I start to live for me, not what my demons want me to be. I knew my journey through recovery is not over just yet but it felt like first time I have ever seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

*****************************************************************

After Mom and I landed at LAX we went over to our new home which we shared with Dianna, Demi, Eddie and Madison. When we pulled in the drive way I had noticed there were a lot of cars parked on the street. I helped my mom unpack the car and we unlocked the door, As soon as Mom turned the handle.

"SURPRISE!" I heard people screaming at the top of there lungs

Mom took my bags out of my hand and sat them by the front door. A big banner hung over entry way that read "Congratulation's Sabrina on getting help." in pink jumbo letters. There were balloons and strimmer's every where. The friend Aria and my boyfriend Jay was here and so was Demi's sister Dallas.

"I am so happy that you are home!" Jay said picking me up and spinning me around while sealing it with a kiss

"I am so happy to be home too." I whispered smiling at him

Demi then came up and gave me a big hug.

"Your home." She said hugging me tighter

"Yes I am." I whispered back trying to hold back tears