Chapter 12: Party

When Demi and I pulled up to Aria White's house the party was in full swing. Car's were lined up down the block and music was blasting through the three story mansion. I parked my mustang along with the a row of cars. Demi was touching up her mascara and lip gloss.

"You have to look good if your going to show up fashionable late." She teased handing me her mascara

I took the mascara out of her hand and flipped down my visor, I chuckled at her comment and start to put some mascara on.

"I don't see the point of why girls' wear make up." I said adding the finished coat

Demi rolled her eyes and smiled at me 'To make us feel better about ourselves duh!"

She had a point when I went to Maryvale High School in Arizona; The girls I went to school with would wear pounds of makeup and would cry the minute there makeup got ruined. It was to hide their insecurities, like a safety blanket.

I followed Demi up Aria's drive way up to the house. Demi started to fix her hair and I made sure my braid was still intact. I knocked on the door. Aria came a few minutes later.

Aria swooped both of us in a hug "Sabrina! Demi! Finally you guys made it."

The one thing about Aria was that she was already hammered and in her Gucci bathing suit. Her medium length blonde hair was already soaked from the pool or hot tub. Aria is the type of girl that follows all of the latest trends. She isn't afraid to try anything new. She was the first friend I made at Mary Mount. She showed me the ins and outs of the school. And refused to let any mean girl pick on me.

She pulled us into the house and took us straight into the kitchen and poured us a drink of whatever she could find. Demi and I would pretend that we drank it and dumped it out in random plants around the house. Every time Aria would notice our drinks were empty she would go and get us a new one.

"Let's go dance!" Demi said pulling me along to the crowed dance floor

***

The next morning I woke up with a pounding headache, I stretched and looked over at Demi who was still passed out. I grabbed my phone and started to scroll on Instagram, and recapping what had happened from last nights party. Aria had posted a picture of me, her, Demi and a guy I met last night; his name was Jay. He and I seemed to hit it off last night. I even got his number.

I heard a knock at the door and in came in Diana.

she smiled at us "Good morning girls!"

I sat up and gave her a smile, I glanced over at Demi. She was still passed out.

I shushed her and pointed at Demi, I then did a motion of sleeping and fake snoring.

Diana nodded at me.

I got out of bed and followed her out into the hallway closing my bedroom door trying not to wake Demi.

I crossed my arms and gave her a concerning look. She sighed when I did this.

"How's my mom?" I asked cocking my left eyebrow up

"She's not okay but they booked your father last night and want you guys to come down to the station today." She said placing her hands on my shoulder

I sighed "Is mom awake?"

Diana motion for me to follow her down the stairs and into the kitchen where the song 'I will survive' sung by Gloria Gaynor was echoing through the kitchen. I watched as mom danced as she flipped pancakes.

Mom started to sing into the spatula
"It took all the strength I had not to fall apart.
Kept trying hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart.
And I spent, oh, so many nights just feeling sorry for myself.
I used to cry but now I hold my head up high!"

Mom then slid across the kitchen floor with her spatula still in hand. Diana couldn't hold in her laughter. Mom got up off the floor and tried to hide the spatula behind her. She smiled at us and fixed her hair.

"How long have you guys been standing there?" She laughed nervously

"Enough to see you do that slide across the kitchen floor, how did it go like this?" Diana said grabbing Mom's spatula and sliding across the kitchen floor

I started to clap at her performance. Diana soon joined in a few minutes later after she got herself off the floor. Mom did a bow and thanked us. I hugged mom tightly in a warm embrace.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in her ear

Mom shook her head no and her voice cracked as she said "I'm trying not to break."

"You don't have to be strong for me mom; you have been strong for too long. It's okay to not be okay. I will always love you. Let me help you, I know you would do the same for me." I told her stroking her hair

I could her moving her head closer to my hair "I don't deserve you as a daughter. I love you too Sabrina."

As our hug broke mom wiped her tears away. Her eyes were puffy, she didn't sleep much last night.

Diana walked over and hugged her "Sabrina is right; we have your back Mariel. You helped me with Demi's dad, I can return that favor."

I joined them in a group hug. I then heard a yawn coming from behind us. Demi rubbed her sleepy eyes with her hands and stretched.

"What was all that music?" She said sitting down at the counter

Diana, Mom and I laughed.

"Come over here honey." Diana said holding out her arm

Demi joined us in a group hug.

Demi peeked up her head "Seriously what was that music."

We all laughed again.

"Let's eat and we can all tell her." Mom said ending the hug

During breakfast Diana, Mom and I told Demi about what show went on in the kitchen. Demi couldn't stop laughing and nearly choked on her pancake.

****

"I have nothing to wear!" I said aggressively flipping through my wardrobe

Demi sat on my bed flipping through her magazine "You have a lot of clothes I'm sure you will find something."

I pulled out a pair high waisted light blue skinny jeans, a white sweatshirt and paired it with my red vans. After I got dressed I showed Demi my outfit and she gave me two thumbs up. I threw on a coin necklace and diamond ear rings. The last thing I did was brush my hair and pulled it up in a bun on the top of my head, pulling out a few pieces of hair. I brushed my teeth, threw on some mascara and lip balm.

"I'm ready." I said grabbing my black michael kors purse

Demi was already dressed, she had on my black skinny jeans which were ripped at the knees with a black tank top tucked in and a red cardigan. She paired them with black platform booties. She then grabbed my red lipstick and black eyeliner and added on a cat eye.

"Me too." She said grabbing her small black purse and black sunglasses

I gave her two thumbs up. We joined my mom and Diana in the car and headed to police station to give our statements and find out what they plan to do to my father.