Chapter 11: Gift of A Friend

I waited until I heard sirens coming down my road and saw that the cops had showed up to my Mom's house. I watched as the cops banged on our front door and dragged my Dad out of the house in hand cuffs. I waited until they boarded him into the car. I got out of my mustang and ran up the drive to my mother who was shivering and fell to the ground.

"Your next kiddo!" My Dad yelled out of the cop car

I squatted down next to my Mom and held her in my arms.

"It's going to be okay." I said stroking her hair "He can't hurt us anymore."

Mom grabbed onto my tiny waist and cried her eyes out. The cops stood by the cop car giving us a moment. I soon helped her to her feet and lead her back in the house when the cops drove off with my Dad. The cops followed us in the house and into our kitchen.

I helped my Mom to a bar stool and got her a glass of water

I helped my Mom to a bar stool and got her a glass of water. She thanked me. She buried her face into her hands and sighed.

"Can you call Dianna please." Mother asked me

I swallowed my salvia as my mother asked me to do that. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and dialed Dianna's number.

"Hello?" Dianna said

She sounded like she just woke up.

"Hi Dianna it's Sabrina, I'm calling because my mother asked you, can you come to our house?"

"Yes I can sweetie. All be right there what's the address?" She asked

I could hear her grabbing a piece of paper and a pen.

"90210 Landen Drive Calabasas, California 90290." I told her

"I'll be right there sweetie. I love you."

"I love you too bye."

I hit the end call button. I touched my mother on her shoulder and told her I was gonna stand outside and wait for Dianna to show up. The cops were already in the house about to ask her questions.

"Mrs. Jacobs can you we ask you a few questions?" Officer Jenkins asked her

Officer Jenkins looked to be in his 30s. He had red curly hair and green eyes. He was built like a body builder. He was handsome.

"No not till my friend Dianna gets here." She shook her head

I stepped out side and waited on Demi and her Mom to arrive. I haven't seen or heard from Demi in months, I didn't even bother to tell her when I arrived in Los Angeles six months ago. I had to let my best friend go in order to protect her from my dad. Dad use to be a loving and caring father when Serenity died. He snapped and started drinking heavily, he never touched a drop of alcohol until Serenity passed away.

It drove my dad mad when that happened. He started to beating on Mom and myself because he was so angry and was in so much pain. That's why Mom stayed gone all the time she didn't want to deal with my Father but she didn't bother to include me with a get out of jail free card, she took all of them with her, for herself. I was eight when my life turned upside down. The reason why I started have an eating disorder and self harming was because my parents' were never their for me.

I felt like she had neglected me and along with my Dad's abuse I just stopped eating because I wanted to see if he would notice and start to care about me the way he use to. It was such a lonely feeling then the kids at school started to pick on me because I was mute. The only person I would talk to was Ronnie, she had turned into a backstabber like everyone else I trusted. Then I started to self harm after my Dad didn't notice that I had an eating disorder.

"Sabrina?" I heard Dianna say as she pulled me into a hug crushing every breath that I had out of me

I wobbled around a little bit and gave her a weak smile. Demi stood behind her, she was looking down at her phone and barely looked up at me.

"Why don't you guys come inside, its a little chilly out her and I know Mom has been waiting on your arrival she could really use a friend right now." I said gesturing for them to come inside

Dianna nodded at me. her and Demi followed me into the kitchen where my Mom was. Dianna ran over to Mom and hugged her closely. I could see the tears in Mom as she received a hug from Dianna.

"Thank you for coming D." Mom said

"Your welcome Mariel." Dianna told her sitting down next to her

I turned to look at Demi "Why don't we give them some space."

Demi nodded at me "I agree."

I lead Demi from kitchen up to my bedroom. I sat down on my bed as she stood in the doorway.

"Demi you can come in." I told her as I crossed my legs

Demi shuffled in and sat in the chair hammock. I could finally see what she had on. Demi had on a long tie dye dark blue dress and yellow pumps. She had her curled and was tucked away from her face.

"You look like your dressed up for a pool party." Demi acknowledging my clothing choices'

"I was actually on my way to Aria's party." I clarified fixing my bathing suit top

''Aria White's party?" Demi questioned

"Yes." I paused "You know Aria?"

Demi nodded and smiled "We met when I did the cover for Cosmopolitan. Her Dad is the editor."

"Do you still want to go to the party?" I asked her

Demi looked up at me and sighed and shrugged her shoulders and slouched in the chair. I looked down at the floor, I didn't know what to say to her. Do I apologize for not telling her that I didn't contact her sooner to tell her I was sorry about my behavior or do I shrug it off? My mind shifted when I heard a knock at my door and Dianna popped her head in and smiled at us.

"Girls I going to stay the night with Sabrina's mom tonight to make sure she's okay. Mariel and I talked it over if you girls want to go to Aria's party then go ahead but please be careful." Dianna said quietly

Demi walked over and hugged her Mom.

"Okay Mom thank you." Demi said pulling away from her mom

"Just be safe." Dianna chirped

When Dianna left my room, Demi looked at me. She sat next me on my bed and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry about your Dad." she said stroking my hair

My eyes started to water up when she said that. I felt like I was finally breaking down and felt free from my Dad's wrath.

"It's okay." I whispered "I'm sorry for being such a crappy friend."

Demi shushed me "It's okay you were going through a lot. Just remember you can't get rid of me easily."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes wiping a tear from my eyes.