Chapter Sixty: Valor and Justice

Eventually, the group had arrived at the third floor. Once again, angels, fallens, and a Tenkari member were present on this floor- along with corruptas and magicas fighting against them. The Tenkari member on the third floor had brown hair and blue-green irises similar to teal sapphires.

"The Tenkari member before us is Fugai Valor." Ataeru spoke. "He excels at close range combat- usually using Yugeki and Senrugi. I remember sparring with him when I was a Tenkari member. He's a formidable opponent even if he's poor in Shingu and only average in Senrugi. I would say that he's one of strongest members of the Tenkari."

"I'll fight him. I haven't been doing much and I want to help out as much as possible." Rakuken said.

"No, someone with multiple decades of fighting experience should fight Fugai. Either Tsumetai, Sikoynai, or I should fight him. Since Tsumetai and Sikoynai are worn out from the last battle- I should fight him." Ataeru spoke. "You shouldn't underestimate his capabilities even if the Tenkari members we've previously fought were defeated."

"Please Ataeru! I've been training a lot with Oshita and Shizen. I want to help as much as I can." Rakuken said. "I know you guys are probably more than a hundred years old but I still have fighting experience!"

"Wait, more than a hundred years old? You three are really old- even you guys look really young. I didn't even know that was possible." Shizen commented.

"We're not that old by Banresu standards.. magica." Sikoynai spoke. "I'm only three hundred fifty-four years old."

"Banresu races have an average lifespan of five hundred years- sometimes people can surpass that- like Kireina." Ataeru said.

"Then how old is Kireina?" Oshita asked.

"I'd assume that she's more than six hundred years old by now." Ataeru said.

"..Then how old are you, Ataeru?" Rakuken asked.

"Four hundred twenty-two years old." Ataeru answered.

'Damn.. she's really old. It probably sucks living for that long.' Shizen thought.

"Would Oshita have an average Banresu lifespan like you guys- even if she's part human?" Rakuken asked out of curiosity.

"I wouldn't be able to say for sure, but she'll most likely live longer than the average lifespan of a human since she has blood from a Banresu race." Ataeru spoke. "We've been indulged in this conversation long enough, go ahead and fight Fugai, Rakuken."

"Really?" Rakuken asked.

"But if you're in trouble, you'll have to let us help you." Ataeru said.

"Deal!" Rakuken said before walking towards Fugai.

"Why would you let her go to fight a Tenkari member?" Vules asked.

"I can tell she's persistent. Unfortunately, I doubt I can convince her." Ataeru said. "We should help the other magicas and corruptas now."

Everyone else nodded and started to fight off multiple angels and fallens. 'I'll live longer than the average human lifespan..' Oshita wondered.

Rakuken then started walking towards Fugai in which she caught Fugai's attention. 'If I use long range attacks then I'll have an advantage.' Rakuken thought.

"A gishi? You've come to backstab the race whose given your powers?" he questioned.

"No! What you guys are doing is wrong! You're hurting others and disregarding the law of the Banresu!" Rakuken replied.

"We need to do this. If we don't, then we won't be able to have a better world. We'll be able to save more lives if we can just get rid of the Wipeout." Fugai he spoke.

"The Wipeout?" she questioned.

"Of course you don't know about it. You're a gishi, you don't need to worry about it because you're not an actual race of the Banresu." Fugai said. "Well, you've come here to fight haven't you? Come and fight me."

Fugai then went to focus one of his arms with energy and charged towards Rakuken. He attempted to land several chops on her but Rakuken was able to dodge his attacks.

She then jumped back to make distance and started to form multiple projectiles beside her. She then went to aim them at Fugai. Fugai was able to dodge and block her projectiles with his energy focused arm.

"What exactly is the Wipeout? And why is it so bad?" Rakuken asked.

'I can tell. He's doing this for a cause. He's not just serving his ruler- he's fighting because it's personal.' Rakuken thought.

"Why is it so bad? It kills half of an entire race if they dare to overpopulate every five hundred years. It's more like a check-in with your contract with death." Fugai said before lunging and attempting to punch her.

Rakuken evaded the punch formed a large blade made out of her energy on the tip of her pinkie finger. She then swung it at Fugai to create some distance. He ducked under the blade and went to deliver a jab on Rakuken's abdomen.

Rakuken let out a grunt of pain before lowering her blade towards him. Fugai then took a step back and went to land a kick on her.

Rakuken dodged his kick and went to throw a blast of energy at him. Fugai was scathed in the shoulder by her attack- however, he continued to charge at her.

He went to charge his palm with energy and land a chop on Rakuken. Rakuken focused energy into her arm and blocked the attack. "What did the Wipeout do? Did it kill someone that you cared about?" Rakuken asked as she held off his attack.

"Why should I tell my enemy anything personal?" Fugai spoke before attempting to punch her with his other hand.

Rakuken caught his punch. "We don't want to kill or harm anyone, my friends and I just want to stop this. I know you aren't fighting for selfish reasons. You can try a different approach instead of harming others."

"And what would you know? Not everything has multiple solutions to it- sometimes you just have to sacrifice others to save more people." Fugai said before removing his fist from her hand and focusing energy into his hand.

"But that's not right! You should at least try to save everybody! You shouldn't harm others just to achieve your goal!" Rakuken argued.

"You're just a naive little girl! Don't act like you know what you're talking about!" Fugai spoke before grabbing ahold of her arm.

He then went to steal her energy with his attack. Rakuken pulled back her arm and aimed a beam of energy at him.

He was then slightly cut in the arm from her beam. "Even if I am naive, is it wrong to try and save everyone!?" Rakuken shouted. "I know you're a good person inside because you're doing this for someone else! So why harm and kill others in order to get rid of the Wipeout?"

Fugai's face twisted to an expression of anger and rage. "Because the Wipeout killed my closest friend!"