Chapter Sixty-Six: Deity Generals

"Why are the shapeshifters here!?" Shizen questioned before turning to look at Fugai. "Are you guys in an alliance with the shapeshifters or something!?"

"No.. I wasn't informed of this.." Fugai spoke, shocked by the presence of shapeshifters. "Why would the shapeshifters have an alliance with Kireina..?"

"Well, Oshita, Shizen, and I were involved with the slaughter of their bounder." Rakuken said. "But we only did it for self-defense!"

"So does that mean that Kireina knew that you three were coming to Tengoku?" Ataeru questioned. "But how..?"

"Yuruso." Oshita concluded. "Kireina might have found her information from him. Then she might have formed an alliance with the shapeshifters."

"Yuruso.." Shizen spoke. "And since Vules backstabbed us as well, he might be involved with her as well and gave her some information about us."

"But, how come we couldn't sense any shapeshifters until now?" Rakuken asked.

"Maybe they've arrived later than us." Ataeru spoke. "Even so, that means that we're outnumbered by an entire race."

"We're still going to fight." Sikoynai spoke. "We've come this far, we're not going to give up because an obnoxious race shows up."

"Rakuken and I will take care of this fight." Shizen declared.

"I'll assist you as well." Fugai spoke.

'I can't believe Kireina hid something so important from me.' Fugai thought.

"We'll have to fight together so we have a higher chance of winning. The three energies we just sensed are equal or more than the energy wavelengths of Tenkari members." Oshita spoke.

"But a bunch of you guys are exhausted!" Rakuken said. "You should rest instead. Me and Shizen were able to rest so we should be able to handle this!"

"You shouldn't underestimate them. Just like what Oshita said, their energy wavelengths are equivalent to Tenkari members." Ataeru said. "All of us should pay a contribution to this battle."

Rakuken sighed. "Okay then, you guys win. But we'll have to work together so we can prevent unnecessary injuries!"

Everyone nodded and resumed walking up to the sixth floor. Once they arrived, they saw that the strong energy wavelengths came from three shapeshifters standing together. Instead of angels and fallens occupying the area, shapeshifters were seen fighting magicas and corruptas.

The shapeshifter standing in the middle had dark green hair, dark green irises, and fins attached to the side of his face. He looked similar to Gagami as he possessed the same structure of her tail and the thin, flat horns on his head. He was most likely from the Kizoku bloodline.

The shapeshifter on the left side had sky blue hair and eyes. They had webbed fins on the sides of their face and had spikes on their nose. He wore bandages around his neck and circular glasses.

The shapeshifter on the right side had long light green hair and eyes. She had three horns on their head and scales on their nose and above their eyes. All three shapeshifters wore the same uniform- mostly having shades of green.

'They all must have a different bloodline assuming from their appearances.' Oshita thought. 'I remember Yuruso saying that the Heitai bloodline had an immunity to fire, while the Senryoku bloodline can breathe underwater.'

"I assume those three are the shapeshifter generals judging from their energy wavelengths and uniform." Ataeru spoke.

The shapeshifter general with dark green hair started to approach them. "So you seven were able to defeat the Tenkari members defending the previous floors." he spoke before turning to look at Fugai. "Well, it looks like you were able to recruit one of them into your ranks."