Chapter Fifty-Nine: Shadows United

Oshita, Rakuken, Shizen, Ataeru, Vules, Tsumetai, and Sikoynai arrived at the second floor of the palace. They then saw two Tenkari members accompanied with multiple angels and fallens- which were engaged in combat with magicas and corruptas.

One of the Tenkari members was a man who had pale skin, long blonde hair, and eyes that bore resemblance to the bark of an oak tree. The other was a dark-skinned woman who had short dirty blonde hair with sky blue irises.

"We won't get lucky like we did last floor." Vules said. "There's two Tenkari members this time."

"I'll take care of one of them." Sikoynai declared.

"Hm, I was thinking of that as well." Tsumetai said.

Sikoynai and Tsumetai then looked at each other. "The fighting style of Toketsu corruptas is boring. You Toketsu corruptas just wait and ambush. Kazonoi corruptas fight head on and with brute force." Sikoynai spoke. "Hopefully, your petty strategy won't interfere with mine Tsumetai."

"If we combine our techniques, then those Tenkari members pale in comparison to our strength. But I suppose Kazonoi corruptas are too simple-minded to think about that." Tsumetai argued.

Sikoynai gritted her teeth out of irritation but she did not want to give Tsumetai a reaction. "..Well, does anyone know what these Tenkari members are capable of?"

"I used to work with them when I was a Tenkari member. The man is known as Sym Argent, while the woman is known as Cordi Meum." Ataeru spoke. "I remember them being superior in Senrugi and Yugeki. Their Shingu is quite inferior and their Butsuri is only decent."

"We can deal with that. If we force them to engage in close combat, then we have the advantage." Tsumetai spoke. "I presume that the rest of you will fight the angels and fallens in this room while Sikoynai and I fight these Tenkari members?"

All of them nodded. "Alright then." Sikoynai smirked. "I'll have the satisfaction of beating down an angel. I'll take the man with the long hair, Tsumetai."

"Fine with me." he spoke.

The two corrupta rulers then lunged towards their respective Tenkari member. Both of them started charging energy into their hands. The rest of the group nodded at each other and went to assist the other magicas and corruptas to fight against the angels and fallens.

Sikoynai went to deliver a chop on Sym while Tsumetai delivered a punch on Cordi. Both attacks caught the Tenkari members off guard as they were unable to sense an enemy coming towards them.

They were hit by both of their attacks and thrown back. However, they held their ground and went to retaliate by focusing energy into their hands and throwing jabs at both corrupta rulers.

Both corruptas rulers dodged the multiple jabs that came from their opponents. Sikoynai then went to charge her hand with energy and sliced at Sym. The Tenkari member was then quickly sliced by her attack, a slash wound upon his chest. 'Their speed is mediocre compared to ours.' Sikoynai thought with a smirk.

Sikoynai then went to charge her hand with energy and used it to slash her opponent. Sym was able to dodge her attack and quickly formed a large projectile in his hand. He then threw it at Sikoynai.

The Kazonoi corrupta simply went to form a projectile of her own and used it to cancel his attack. Sym then quickly went to form multiple projectiles and aimed them towards her. "Tell me angel, why do you serve a wretch like your ruler?" Sikoynai questioned before evaded the multiple projectiles aimed at her.

"Don't you dare call our ruler a wretch. She has saved more lives than what you can imagine." Sym spoke.

"Then why are there fallens?" Sikoynai spoke as she lunged towards him. "Why are there are corruptas like me? Is your ruler truly a savior if she cannot save us from despair? She's an unjust wretch that can exile anyone if she wants to."

Sikoynai threw a punch at Sym. However, Sym had caught her fist. "Whatever you fallens and corruptas did, you deserved it. You don't deserve to be saved if she hasn't saved you. Kireina does no wrong."

Sikoynai laughed manically before taking her fist off his hand. "Hah! What is she now? A god to you!? Don't make me laugh. And what does an angel know about us? A first tier angel whose been pampered in Tengoku- don't pretend you know what's just if you know nothing."

"You don't understand me either corrupta, Kireina has saved me from despair so I swore to serve her my whole life." Sym said.

"She leaves her subjects ignorant. What type of ruler is that? How pitiful you are." Sikoynai said as she stared at him coldly. "Ataeru was innocent, yet your savior exiled her for selfish reasons."

"Nonsense, Ataeru is a murderer!" Sym spoke as he started focusing energy into his hands out of spite. "Level Five: Tutela Sanctus."

A blinding light then flashed in front of Sikoynai- however she went to prepare an attack of her own. A burning and hot energy appeared onto her hands. "Level Five: Yoshanoi Yogan." she spoke.

Black lava then started to pour from her hands as it dripped onto the ground. Sikoynai then went to throw the lava towards the light, causing black fire to ignite. Sikoynai felt her skin getting slashed and cut by Sym's attack- however she remained stoic as she refused the pain to get to her. Blood spilled out from the slashes that she received from Sym's attack.

She only watched the black fire she had started spread further. After a moment, the light that flashed in front of her had started to get dimmer. Sikoynai then saw Sym trying to put out the fire that was ignited upon him. He screamed in agony as the flames ate away at his flesh.

Sikoynai then made the flames disappear as she agreed not to kill anyone unless unnecessary. She saw burns scorched on his arm and sides of his face. Sym then stared at her with a vicious gaze before falling unconscious.

The Kazonoi corrupta then went to look at Tsumetai to see if he was finished. She then saw Cordi paralyzed and frozen on the ground as she was unable to move. Tsumetai then went to look at Sikoynai and Sym. "You used Yoshanoi Yogan didn't you?" he spoke.

"Well, you used Yoshanai Kori. You froze her nerves didn't you?" Sikoynai questioned.

"And you burned your opponent." Tsumetai added.

"Well, we're done here." Sikoynai spoke. "We should try to get healed by the magicas."

"Agreed." he spoke.

The rest of the group was impressed by Tsumetai and Sikoynai's abilities. 'They made short work of Tenkari members.' Rakuken thought. 'They're more powerful than I thought..'

Rakuken observed as the two corrupta rulers knocked out a couple of Angel's and fallens for a few magicas- before asking them for treatment. The magicas agreed and started to focus energy in their hands and put their hands over their wounds to heal them.

After Tsumetai and Sikoynai received treatment from the magicas, they started walking up the staircase and signaled the other members of the group to progress into the next floor.

The other members of the group caught the signal of the corrupta rulers and finished defeating their enemy before rushing to the staircase.

The group then started climbing up the stairs, awaiting for their next opponent in the next floor. 'So far, the magicas and corruptas have been able to inflitrate the floors and assist us in fighting with the angels and fallens.' Oshita thought as she continued climbing up the stairs. 'We've also been able to deal with some Tenkari members successfully. Even with our current success, the floors may increase in difficulty as we progress through the floors.

..But what if we don't find Kireina in her throneroom? No. The placement of forces in floors seems to be strategic. And if she was absent, then her subjects would be in danger by us. It would be an illogical move to abandon her subjects and lose a portion of her force. Her subjects won't obtain the main strategic advice to achieve victory if she's not present. Kireina must be here unless she's willing to save herself and abandon her subjects.'