Chapter Seventy-Five: Last Prayer

Ataeru was able to land a chop on Kireina. However, she unable to land another one as Kireina quickly dodged her attack.

Kireina then went shot a Senrugi beam at Ataeru. Ataeru quickly dodged it. "Why accuse me of such crime Kireina?" she questioned.

"I suppose I can tell you- as you stand no chance against me in combat." she said. "Your accusation was necessary for all my subjects to follow me."

"How so?" Ataeru questioned as she went to form multiple projectiles besides her.

"You won the hearts of the lower tier angels. You would have been able to convince some of the lower tiers to rebel against me if you disapproved of what I was doing." she said. "If I allowed you to maintain your position as an Tenkari member, you would've been quite.. bothersome."

Ataeru then aimed the projectiles towards the angel ruler, in which Kireina was easily able to dodge each projectile. "So you've ruined my entire livelihood and threatened the lives of my friends just for your sake?" Ataeru spoke, infuriated.

"It's not just for my sake, Ataeru." Kireina spoke. "It's for all of the Banresu and for my dear, younger brother."

"After you get rid of the Wipeout, then what will you do with the ancient energy you have? I know you won't pass up the opportunity to abuse your power." Ataeru said.

"Abuse is not the correct word, Ataeru. I shall govern all of the Banresu with this power so I can preserve the peace of our euphoria." Kireina said.

"Do you think that you're God? Do you truly believe that you are right to rule the Banresu?" Ataeru questioned.

"It really depends what your interpretation of God is." she spoke with a smile. "I am the only one who possesses this power and the full knowledge of the Banresu- thus I am the rightful ruler of the Banresu."

"You have some other reason besides trying to rule and reform the worlds of the Banresu." Ataeru spoke. "Don't you?"

"..What could you possibly mean, Ataeru?" Kireina spoke, feigning ignorance. "Even if I had some type of ulterior motive, I wouldn't tell you."

Ataeru then went to stare at Kireina with a piercing gaze. The former Tenkari member then lunged towards Kireina and went to punch her in the abdomen.

The angel ruler showed no signs of pain when Ataeru punched her. Instead, she retaliated by charging her fist with energy and punching Ataeru in the abdomen.

Ataeru was then instantly thrown back-  however, she was determined to hold her ground. "You're no match for me Ataeru. You should endorse and accept the euphoria that I will create."

"The euphoria from the deaths of my friends!? Never!" Ataeru shouted.

Ataeru then started focusing energy into her hands. "Level Five: Tutela Sanctus."

A blinding light then flashed in front of Kireina. "You really think that attack will do any good for you?" Kireina spoke.

The angel ruler then charged into the blinding light and found Ataeru in it. Ataeru was caught off guard as Kireina went to slash her chest with an energy focused hand. Blood spilled out from her wound as Ataeru was unable to release her attack.

Kireina then advanced towards Ataeru once again and went to slice off Ataeru's arm with an energy focused hand. The former Tenkari member winced from the pain from her arm being cut off.

Her arm fell onto the ground as blood spluttered out from out of her shoulder. "I don't want to waste any more time with you Ataeru. You are merely a spectacle for demonstrating my power." Kireina spoke.

"My resolve has not been shattered from you cutting off my arm." Ataeru said. "Even if you cut off my other arm, I refuse to give up."

Ataeru then started gathering up her energy in one hand. "I will never give up as I will fight for my friends and righteousness."

The former Tenkari member then spread her hand out into an open palm as she gazed at Kireina with irises that were similar to yellow citrines. "Level Five: Ultionis Iustitia."

Soon after, the energy that was being charged in her hand was instantly formed into the shape of a long scythe. Fragments of energy can be seen flowing in and out of the edges of the scythe.

Ataeru then charged towards Kireina, skillfully turning her scythe with one hand. The fallen then went to swing her scythe at Kireina.

Kireina was able to the dodge the attack- however, the fragments of energy coming from the scythe were able to scratch her. Ataeru then went to swing her scythe again; this time, cutting Kireina's arm.

The angel ruler attempted to counter against her by charging her hand with energy and jabbing her with it. As Kireina went to throw her hand towards Ataeru- fragments of energy had blocked her attack.

The former Tenkari member then turned the direction of her scythe upwards and went to slice Kireina from above. Kireina's locks of orange hair were cut but she was able to evade the attack.

"How truly bothersome you are." Kireina spoke. "I suppose I'll have to finish you off instead of entertaining you."

She then started focusing energy into her fingertips. Ataeru on the other hand lunged quickly towards Kireina with her scythe.

Kireina fully focused her energy into her fingertips. She then went to put both of her hands together as her fingertips were facing towards Ataeru. "Level Five: Numine Dea."

As Ataeru was getting closer to Kireina with her scythe, a blast of light energy was shot at her. The blast had engulfed Ataeru entirely.

The former Tenkari member was unable to maintain her attack which resulted her scythe to disappear. Once the duration of the blast was over, Ataeru was seen on the ground- struggling to get up.

Her gloved fingertips scratched at the floor as she attempted to get up with one hand. However, it proved futile as she fell down onto the floor.

Kireina then walked towards Ataeru and looked down upon her. She then kicked the fallen on the side.

Ataeru winced from the pain she was feeling. 'I've failed.' she thought. 'I've failed my dear friends and for the sake of everyone else.'

"How truly pitiful." Kireina commented.

'I've done all I've can.' Ataeru thought. 'I've tried to live my life to the fullest and the most just.'

Ataeru looked at her hand. 'I can no longer do anything that's within my power. So please..' she thought. 'Lord.. please protect the only treasured friend I have left. Please protect and help everyone else. Grant them victory after I have been taken into your hands.'

More blood spilled out of Ataeru's wounds as it began to douse her necklace that held a silver cross. Her gloved hand reached out for it and held it tightly.

"Amen." she spoke quietly.

Kireina had then plunged through Ataeru's heart using an energy focused hand. Blood spluttered out as Kireina went to pull her hand out of her wound.

Ataeru's eyes began to become lifeless as they lost their color. She stopped breathing and she remained still.

Kireina then started walking away from Ataeru's dead corpse that was holding onto her silver cross tightly in her hand.

"Ataeru.." Vules spoke as he saw her puddle of blood spread further onto the floor.

He could not process his dear friend's death as she remained there lifeless. Tears began to form onto his eyes as they quickly ran down his face. 'I couldn't save you either.'

"Ataeru!" he screamed out her name with pure agony in his voice.