Chapter Twenty-Three: Black Silver

After two more days, Oshita had finally gained the ability to change. Once Hiriari had seen that she was capable of changing her appearance into anyone- as she memorized almost any physical trait in her head.

"Time to test out the capability of your changed form-"

"Hiriari, I said I was going to spar with Oshita with she was able to change. Could I spar with her instead?" Rakuken interrupted.

Hiriari nodded. "Why not."

"Could you change into me?" Rakuken asked with curiosity.

"Sure-"

"Changing into Rakuken is easy. She's right in front of you which makes imagining her appearance easier and you both have similar traits such as the same gender and age." Hiriari pointed out. "On top of that, fighting against someone while you're changed into their appearance is completely useless. Changing is usually used for concealing and hiding yourself- all while making your act convincing while fighting."

"That's a logical explanation." Oshita said. "What's your recommendation on which appearance I should change into?"

"To make changing into someone's appearance more difficult, I would suggest changing into the opposite gender. However, Yuruso and Shizen are close to your height." Hiriari said. "I would say Yokuu might be the most difficult to change, since he's the opposite gender, younger than you, and his height is a couple inches shorter than yours."

"I'm guessing that the more difficult it is to change into someone's appearance and fighting with that changed appearance can test the capabilities of their changed form better." Rakuken guessed.

"Right." Hiriari said to Rakuken.

"I see then." Oshita spoke.

Oshita then tried to ingrain and remember the appearance of the low-class changeling in her mind. Afterwards, she had replicated the appearance of Yokuu, altering her original appearance completely.

"Hiriari, I've been wondering about a possible idea when I was training." Oshita spoke.

Rakuken was caught off guard by how accurate her changed form was. She was also surprised by the replication of Yokuu's voice and clothing. 'Not to mention her energy wavelength, it's almost identical to Yokuu's.' she thought.

"What is it?" Hiriari asked.

"Is it possible to change into an appearance that you've made up in your mind?" Oshita asked. "In other words, change into an appearance that you haven't seen before physically."

"Yeah, it's possible. Just a bit more difficult than changing based off someone else's appearance. You need to completely imagine a humanoid appearance yourself in your mind." Hiriari answered. "Having a physical image in your head is easier than having a mental image in your head afterall."

"I see then." Oshita spoke.

"You can also change to alter your own appearance. Hair color and other small traits are examples of that. Even your mother used her changing abilities to alter her appearance to conceal herself." she said.

"..Why would my mother have the need to alter her appearance?" Oshita asked.

"Your mother is a halfblood so she'll have a lack of common changeling traits like yourself. She naturally doesn't have black scalera or neck fur, so she changes her appearance to add those changeling features onto herself." Hiriari explained. "As for you, you're mostly human so it makes sense for you to have almost the entire absence of changeling physical traits- so instead you look more entirely human."