Chapter 38: Confrontations

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

"What a psychopath." Min Ji mutters after listening to what Ja Rim had told us. About the history of Joo Young and Bo Gyeong, and her never really liking him and had only gone to him after it didn't go well with Kyung Woo.

"I'm sure she's only here to use him again." Ja Rim told me, "I'm going to set things straight."

I look at her noticing the determination shining through her eyes, making me frown. "What's your plan?"

"If she ever comes again, I'll talk to her myself." She answered.

"That's good." I nodded before changing the topic, "however, I still don't get why you don't want Joo Young to find out."

Her head snapped towards me taking me off guard with what she said next. "I expected you, out of everyone to understand my decision."

Her statement only making me more confused as I tilted my head. "You would know how it feels like finding out someone you liked never really liked you back."

"Ja Rim-ah." I called softly finally catching up with what she meant, "Even still, it was better finding out the truth. No matter how hurtful it was back then, I'm glad I found out. That's how I felt."

"Perhaps everyone's reaction will be different..." she trailed, "And I'm not sure how he'll handle it."

"He'll be hurt definitely." I stated, "But he has you now, and that was in the past..."

To be honest, now that I think about it. Even if it was in the past, it would hurt much more especially that he would only find out recently.

But then, he has Ja Rim now. Maybe it would be less painful.

"We'll just see what happens." Ja Rim sighed.

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

A while ago, Min Ji, Ah Ram, and I were walking out of the school because Ja Rim said she needed to do something. It caused suspicion to grow but we all let her go.

"Oh?" Ah Ram came to a sudden stop at the entrance. We all turned to who she was looking at and sighed. One of the people we would hate to see was standing in front of me with a slight smirk on her face.

"Kim Bo Gyeong?" I asked, not remembering fully if it was Kwak or Kim. I guess I can blame Ah Ram for that.

"It's Kwak, Kwak Bo Gyeong." She replied rolling her eyes.

"Whatever your name is." Ah Ram countered, "Why are you here again? Joo Young?"

"Yes." She replied, "What's wrong with that?"

"That exactly," I answered. This caused her to narrow her eyes on me and smirk.

"Oh, you must be Kyung Woo's new little thing."

"Is that so." Ah Ram took a step forward probably remembering what Ja Rim had told us earlier. About Bo Gyeong having a crush on Kyung Woo but it didn't work out so she went to Joo Young. "Satisfied? This is the girl that beat you." She pointed at me.

"Kyung Woo said something huh?" She scoffed.

"Honestly." I pulled Ah Ram back seeing her hands forming into a fist. "You're quite pathetic going after a guy who clearly doesn't want you back. And go as far as ruining his girlfriend's reputation."

"Yah, that's an overstatement. Are you blind? You can see that Ja Rim is playing with Joo Young." she spoke the volume her voice increasing the more she does so. "Plus, can't you see Kyung Woo's too good for you?"

Once again, I sighed at her, "Well... If he's too good for me wouldn't that mean he's far too good for you?"

"Yah!" She shouted. "Y-"

Exactly as we suspected, when Ja Rim said she needed to do something, she meant to confront Kwak Bo Gyeong. She came and took hold of Bo Gyeong's hand demanding they talk.

"I have nothing to say to you." Bo Gyeong protested.

"I do." With that, we watched her drag Bo Gyeong away, debating if we follow or not. We ended up choosing the latter. For now, it's best they handle their problem on their own. And I don't think Ja Rim would want us to eavesdrop.

As we were about to leave, the boys came asking if we saw the two that have left. We immediately pointed where they were going.

"I hope everything goes well with them." Min Ji told us walking the opposite direction.

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴

"You guys okay now?" I asked Ja Rim while we enter the canteen. It seemed that way as she was wearing a relieved expression on her face.

"I hope so." Ja Rim replied. We continued to walk in silence looking for something great to buy when she suddenly turned to me with a confused expression. "Is there anything special these coming days?"

"No." I answered, "Why?"

"Joo Young's been acting weird." Ja Rim informed, "Maybe he's planning something again."

"Maybe." I chuckled eyeing the chocolate bar in front of me. I was debating if I should buy it or not.

"But seriously, give that Kyung Woo a punch. I told him not to tell Joo Young anything and he ended up making him hear everything." She suddenly frowned earning a chuckle from me.

"Will do."

∴ ════ ∴ 💞 ∴ ════ ∴