Chapter 3 - Alexis

Chapter Three – Alexis

Man, I’m feeling fantastic!

That was the first thought that came to my mind when I woke up. I jumped out of bed and put on some clothes. Then I sat down by my make-up table and looked at my reflection. I should probably have been surprised when my eyes were black but I thought it just looked good. I had my suspicions though with what was going on with me.

“Alexis are you up?” My mom asked as she walked through the door.

“Yes, mom I’m up.” I said and stood up. “Wait before you go me and Jackie is going to the…” I stopped right in my sentence as the scent of blood hit me. “…um city later… just… so… you… know” I couldn’t really focus on what I was going to say, my body pulled me closer and closer to my mom.

“Do you need any money then?” she asked me as she walked out again. I was snapped out of my spell.

“Yes please!” I called after her. God that was damn close, I almost snapped the neck of my mom. I can’t believe this, I’m a vampire! I ran downstairs, I needed to get outside and drink some blood.

I screamed out loud as the pain in my eyes begun. It wasn’t that regular pain that you could feel when you’ve been inside and go out to the light sunshine. No this was much different; it felt like I was going to die.

I took a few steps back and got out of the sunlight. The pain stopped. Phew!

“Are you all right, Alexis?” Asked my mom that came to our entrance, she probably heard my scream.

“Yes, I’m fine, I was just looking out the door because I heard someone scream but I didn’t see anyone.” I explained. Good one Alexis, I complimented myself.

“Really?” she asked again.

“Yes, I didn’t see anyone.” My mom left the room and she was lucky I didn’t kill her. I could control myself very well but I really wanted to know what blood tasted like. I needed blood, maybe I would die if I didn’t drink it right away!?

What should I do though? I can’t kill my own parents just because I’m thirsty! Maybe if I cover my entire body up, yeah, that’s probably it. I went to my room and got jeans, a hoodie and sunglasses and made sure every inch of my body was covered.

I walked down the stairs again when I met my sister, Allie, as she just walked out from her room. She looked at me with a strange look.

“What’s going on?” Allie asked.

“Not much, just heading out before school.” I answered quickly before and continued running down. 

“We live in Florida, just so you know, you’re pathetic brat.” She yelled after me.

My twin-sister and I had never been close to each-other. She was a nerd and I’m popular. Do the math; we have nothing in common equals fighting. 

I came up to the door and opened it.

“Here it goes.” I whispered to myself before stepping outside and in to the sun-light. I didn’t feel any pain, awesome! I ran quickly down the street. I didn’t want anyone to see me. When I got inside a little piece of forest I discovered that I was faster then I thought; I could run so much faster then humans!

After I stopped being incredibly happy about my abilities I soon found a victim to drink from. It was just a normal man doing some gardening early in his garden. I dragged him behind some bushes and soon he was dead. Oops didn’t mean to kill him but I wanted all of his blood. Guess he just had to pay the price. Thousands of people die everyday, what makes a difference if I kill one little man?