3 - laughing gas

* * *

"Karl!" I woke up to someone saying my name. "We're you on your phone last night?" I opened my eyes and saw my mom, standing there holding my phone which had the article I read last night up on it. I guess Nick hung up when he heard her come in.

I groaned and turned away from her, the light hurting my eyes. "This is not something to joke abo-."

"Why can't I joke about it mom? Let me cope with it my own way."

She rolled her eyes but sighed, putting my phone in her bag. "Sorry for trying to be happy." I murmured, turning on my side and closing my eyes.

"Karl, of course I want you to be happy but I also want you to be out of the hospital."

I took a deep breath, trying not to yell at her. "Got it."

It's now been two weeks of resting, taking pills, and eating disgusting watery pudding. I'm supposed to get a therapist when I'm out of the hospital which I'm not happy about and my mom hasn't given me my phone back so I have no one to talk to unless they visit.

Today is my last day here, I have to take a bunch of drugs so I don't have a panic attack in the car. I get to see Nick today though, he's driving me and my mom home because her arm is broken.

"Okay, Karl. I'm going to need you to try and relax so that we can get some laughing gas in you."

I nodded and took a deep breath before he put the tube type thing over my nose. I thought it wasn't going to work for a minute but then it all hit me, I was completely numb.

I was basically out of it for an hour before they took the thing off of my nose. "Oh my gosh that was so fun." I said, leaning onto a nurse.

"Alright sweetie, let's get you in a wheelchair, your mother is waiting."

"What? But I'm..." I trailed off as they buckled me into the wheelchair.

They wheeled me out to my mom and I grabbed her hand, tugging on it. "Hey hon."

"I'm going to pass out." I groaned, resting my head on the back of the chair and closing my eyes.

"No your aren't." My mom said, thanking the nurses and then wheeling me outside where I saw Nick's car.

"Ohhhh it's Nick." I said, bouncing in the seat a little.

"Stop that." My mom warned, opening the door to the car.

Nick came around to the side of the car and opened the passenger door for my mom and then closed the door when she got in. He then turned toward me and I laughed. "Heyyy bestie."

"Holy shit you're drugged." He mumbled, unbuckling my seatbelt and picking me up by the waist. When he buckled me into the car I grabbed his cheek.

"Thanks sweetheart." I said like a grandma, kissing his other cheek.

"Alright, hands to yourself." He said and I whined.

"Okay I'm going to drive us." I said, trying to climb into the front seat where Nick was now sitting.

I was pulled back by my seatbelt and I rolled my eyes, looking at my legs. "OH MY GOSH I LOOK LIKE A RAGDOLL!" I shouted, touching the stitches on my knees and shins.

"Karl." My mom said in a stern voice. "Don't touch them."

"I'm sorry mommy. I solemnly swear I will never ever ever touch them ever again. Amen."

She sighed and Nick laughed. The rest of the car ride I was quiet, looking out the window. At the end of the ride though, when we were pulling into the driveway, I spoke. "Did you guys know that," I swallowed, getting distracted for a moment. "I crashed a car."

"I'll carry him to his room, are you okay getting inside?" Nick asked my mom, ignoring my statement.

"Yes, thank you sweetie, you've done so much for our family."

Nick gave her a smile and then got out of the car, coming to my side and lifting me up again. I put my hands in the air. "WOOHOO!"

"Karl." Nick said, looking into my eyes. "You have to be quiet, alright? Can you do that?"

"The quiet game?" I asked in a hushed tone as he closed the car door with his hip.

"Yes in three, two, one, start."

I was quiet as I rested my head on his shoulder, all the way through the house, but when we got to my room and set me on my bed I started yapping again. "Nicky." I said in a whisper.

"What?"

"Love you."

"Love you too, Kar." He said, sounding genuine. He leaned down and kissed my forehead before waving at me and going out of my door.

"Wow." I whispered, savoring the feeling of his soft lips on me.

I heard a tap on my window and I looked outside to see Isaac standing there, phone in hand. "Hi!" I said as I opened my window.

"Hey bae." He said, climbing through the window.

"I'm on drugs."

He put his phone down and looked at me with a smile. He put his hands on my his and pushed me down onto the bed. "Ouchie." I said, rubbing my head.

"Shhh." He said, straddling my lower waist and kissing my neck.

"Noooo! I just want to talk." I said, trying to shoo his head away from me.

"No. You want this." He growled, grabbing my arm tightly.

I sighed and put my hands on my sides, feeling him nip at my skin. "Karl I forgo-." I heard Nick say as he opened the door. "Isaac, hi." He said to Isaac who continued kissing me and ignored him.

"I want to play Minecraft." I said to Nick matter of factly.

"Hold on." Nick mouthed to me. I nodded and watched him slip out of the door, holding his phone which he picked up from my dresser.

A couple second later I heard the front door close and then foot steps coming closer to the door. "Kar-." This time Isaac stopped, looking up at my mom in the doorway.

"Hey Ms. Jacobs." He said with a smile, getting off of me and sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Hi Isaac, I think I need you to leave. Karl needs to rest."

"Okay." Isaac said, squeezing my leg before walking out the door past my mom. "Nice seeing ya!"

"You okay sweetie?" She asked, touching my face.

"I just want to play Minecraft." I whine.

"You can play Minecraft when you wake up, alright?"

I nodded and moved around to get comfortable. She kissed my forehead and left my room, turning off my light.

* * *
1135 words