8

* * *

Bored, a word I've come very used to in the past two hours. My mom is at work and Nick is at school so I was in my room, lying down on the floor and looking out the window.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, seeing if Nick was on any sort of break yet. Nothing.

I groaned and threw my phone onto the carpet across the room from me. I got released from the hospital two days ago, just a week and five days. I told myself, it's not helping much.

I heard my phone start ringing and I sat up, running over to where I threw it. "NICK!" I shouted as I joined the call.

"Hi!" He said with a chuckle, waving at the camera.

I squinted at the phone, he was in a car. "What are you doing right now?"

"Coming to take you out for lunch." He said, twisting the steering wheel.

"Really!?" I shouted, doing a little dance in excitement.

"You really couldn't go three hours without seeing anyone?" He asked, looking at the camera frame for a brief moment before looking back at the road. I heard the soft hum of his car as he came to a stop.

"Noooo." I groaned.

He laughed. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Yayyyy!" I said, moving to my closet to find something to wear.

"Mkay I'll see you then." He said, his phone slipping off his dashboard and onto his lap. I heard him laughing before he hung up suddenly.

I ignored it because he was driving and started getting ready. I found cuffed, baggy jeans and a white, slight cropped, shirt with words written on the chest.

Just as I was done putting on my shoes I heard the door unlocking. When I saw Nick step through the door I ran up to him, wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Oh shi-." He said, not expecting the sudden weight. "Hi."

I peppered his face with kisses and then pulled back, smiling at him. "Hii!"

"Jeez, you're energetic." He stated, setting his keys down on the small bench in the entryway and putting his arms around my back.

I was still smiling, looking into his eyes. "You're here!" I said excitedly.

"I am." He replied, kissing the corner of my mouth.

"I got lonely." I said sadly, putting my head in the crook of his neck.

"That's what I was guessing." He said with a laugh, walking further into the house and dropping me on the couch. I bounced once before I was just laid out on the couch. "Text your mom and ask her if I can actually take you." He added, picking up my head and sitting down then placing my head on his thigh.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and went to her contact, asking her if I could go with Nick to get lunch.

"She said yes." I told Nick, looking up at him with an ear to ear smile.

"Alright, let's go lunch break is only an hour." He stood up and I did too, taking his hand in mine as we walked out the door. "You're so clingy today." He said, pulling me into his side and kissing my temple and then cheek. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we got in the car. I was a little nervous about being in the car but I took a bunch of pills this morning that made me relax.

"It's a surprise."

I hummed and grabbed his hand over the center console. "How are you feeling about being in the car?" He asked.

"I don't know, I took like five stress relieving pills this morning."

He chuckled and squeezed my hand. "You're moms got you covered, huh?"

"Yup."

Nick took me to in and out burger, my favorite place, and we sat in his car and ate. "You're still my best friend, right?" I asked, turning in my seat to face him.

"Yeah, of course. Why?"

I shrugged, leaning forward and putting my hand on his cheek. He dove down into my lips, running a hand through my hair as his lips glided along mine. I parted my lips slightly, allowing him entrance to my mouth. His tongue slipped into my mouth and ran over the top of my mouth, forcing me to release a groan/moan.

He pulled back and his tongue went with him, leaving me pouting. He pecked my lips one more time before smiling and resting his forehead against mine. "Stop poutinggg."

I crossed my arms, frowning. "I want to kiss."

"I have school, baby."

I groaned and scrunched my nose. "Okayyy."

"I can come see you after school, sound good?"

I nodded and smiled, kissing his nose before he started driving me back home.

* * *
988 words

I just want to bring awareness to something before you go to the next chapter, please read.

Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd today. We should be celebrating, we should be happy about this but instead, this is the bare minimum for us. George Floyd's killing is not a "wake up call" the same alarm has been going off since 1619. People just keep hitting snooze. Matter is the minimum. Black lives are worthy, black lives are beloved, black lives are needed. It is amazing that George Floyd got the justice he deserves but there are SO many other people of color murdered by police who don't get noticed or get the justice they deserve.

If you are reading my books and don't support the following, get off my page.
-BLM
-LGBTQ+
-Trans rights
-Women's rights
If you think any of these are wrong or anything I'll say it again: get off my page and stop reading my book.

Thanks.