14

* * *

"Here's your breakfast." Nick said, handing me a plate with mushy shit on it.

"Thanks." I murmured, setting it down on my lap. I was sitting in one of the chairs on the side of my room, my leg that was in a cast was stretched out in front of me.

I had gotten moved into a smaller room, only three chairs and a smaller bed. There was also someone that was in the room right next to me and I could hear them all day and night, they had a girlfriend and apparently they wanted to fuck each other all damn night, even when he had a broken arm.

Nick had stayed with me one night and heard it too. I hadn't slept well in multiple days now, they were always so loud.

I heard a door open and I looked at Nick, he looked at me and we both groaned. "Hey babe!" I heard a guy voice say. A couple seconds later I heard a sluttish moan and I closed my eyes tightly.

"Can we go for a walk?" I asked Nick, eating half the food quickly and then putting the tray on the table.

He nodded and took my hands, pulling me up out of the chair slowly. He unlatched from one of my hands but kept holding my other, leading me down the hallway carefully.

Nick had done a lot for me, from staying the night with me to encouraging me to eat. I loved him for it but I felt like sometimes he wanted a break. I've been planning for when I get to go home I'll take him out to dinner, just the two of us. I don't know if it will actually happen but we'll see.

"Babe?" I asked Nick, slowing down because I was getting out of breath.

"What's wrong?"

I just wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed him, the kiss was long and sweet, the perfect kind. When I pulled back I put my arms around his neck loosely. He put his hands on my hips and smiled. Time seemed to stop, like it was just me and him there in that hallway, no doctors and nurses running by, no little kids screaming about flu shots, just us.

He kissed the corner of my mouth softly and picked me up by the back of my thighs. My cast awkwardly stuck out but I didn't really care, I was too invested in the fact Nick was mine, all mine. I didn't know why this had just struck me but it did and I was amazed.

"Stop, you're beautiful." I said quietly, looking down at him. I had my hands on his shoulders and my torso was on his chest, his hands were carefully holding me up and a smile was spread across his face.

I dove my head down and connected our lips again, my nose brushed against his for a brief moment before I turned my head sideways, cupping his face with my hand.

I heard a click of a camera and I broke away, looking around. My mom was standing at the end of the hallway with William, her phone pointed at us.

"Hi." I said, annoyed about the interruption.

"Hi," my mom said, she had tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, worried about her.

"Their happy tears, you guys are so happy together, it makes me happy." William wrapped his large arm around her with a smile.

I giggled and looked back at Nick, he was already looking at me with a smile. I leaned down and put my face in the crook of his neck, kissing him a couple times.

I reached down to Nick's back pocket and grabbed out his phone to look at the time. It was 11:46 but the only thing I could focus on was that his Lock Screen was a picture of me. I was sitting in his lap in my room, my head was rested on his chest and my eyes were closed, my face looked peaceful. You couldn't see Nick's face in the picture but I could tell he was probably smiling as he took it.

"Why am I your Lock Screen?" I asked, showing him the phone.

"Because I love you." He said simply, pecking my lips. I smiled and rested my chin on his shoulder. I held the phone out and took a bunch of weird angled pictures of my face. "What are you doing?" Nick asked, lifting up the back of my shirt a little and rubbing my back.

I giggled and put his phone back in his pocket. I rested my forehead on his and looked into his eyes. "I love you too."

"Hmm really?" He joked, kissing my nose.

I squirmed a little and then looked back at my mom and William, they were now talking and I saw William kiss the top of her head.

Everything is good, everything is so good.

* * *
833 words