23

* * *

"Thanks." I mumble as Nick brings me a sandwich. When I'm sad I don't eat anything and Nick has been making sure I eat every meal.

Nick then slid into bed behind me, kissing the top of my head and leaning his head back onto the headboard.

I was putting the plate to the side when Nick brought my arm back toward my body. "Eat it,"

I sighed and brought the sandwich up to my lips, taking tiny bites out of it.

He kissed the top of my head multiple times when I finished. I curled up into a little ball and rested my head on Nick's chest, my hand grabbing and bunching up the side of his shirt.

"Do you want to talk yet?" He asked quietly, stroking my hair gently.

I shook my head no and he hummed in understanding.

"Can you talk about it with me at some point."

I nodded.

"Okay, okay, that's good."

I stayed quiet for a few minutes before looking up at Nick, he looked calm and worried at the same time, I didn't really know how that could be a combination but I guess it was.

"Mom kept yelling at me." I said, looking down at his shirt in my hands. "And she wants to name her kid after dad." I added. "And I read my dads death note."

He started getting up, making me slide off of him. "Cmon, we're going somewhere."

"Why..?"

"Trust me." He said simply.

I got up and held his hand, pulling myself together. "Do I need to change?" I was wearing cuffed jeans and a oversized shirt.

"No."

He led me to his car and we drove for about thirty minutes, all of which were spent with Nick reassuring me about my mom naming her unborn kid.

By the end of the drive I felt kind of okay.

"We're here." He said, getting out of the car and opening my door.

It was a gay bar, he brought me to a mother fucking gay bar. "What the hell is this?"

"The best place to be."

We started walking toward the building, or well, it was more of him dragging me. "I'm not 21!" I exclaimed, trying to stop my feet from moving along with him.

When we got to the front a buff, stereotypical, bouncer was at the entrance, hand held out for a ID.

"Okay, listen." Nick started. "We're both seventeen, but, he's depressed and his moms pregnant with her boyfriends kid."

My jaw just dropped open as I looked at Nick, he just told a rando all my problems.

"Have fun." The guy said and moved out of the way, allowing Nick to pull me inside.

"What the hell?!"

"The gays understand." Nick said in response, leading me to the bar. "Two beers." He said to the person behind the counter. She had beautiful brown skin and curly hair that was dyed purple and blue. She gave Nick a wink.

"Coming right up."

Nick turned to me with a smile.

I looked around the bar wide eyed, their were two women in the corner dancing one each other, a couple of gays were scattered around the bar, most talking to each other and giggling.