7

* * *
(A/N: I'm not going to include a title anymore, sorry!)

"You may go tomorrow but, no school for two weeks, try staying calm, and I'm going to be giving you new pills to take. Yes?" The doctor said to me, facing their computer with their back to me.

"O-Kay."

"Oh, also, you will be given a wheelchair just in case." I sighed and looked up at the ceiling, my usual spot.

I felt Nick squeeze my hand, he was sitting in a chair next to my bed. I squeezed back but didn't look his way, focusing on the beige cracks in ceiling.

He's been staying with me for two days, leaving at night when I fall asleep and being back right after I wake up.

"Anything else?" I asked, running my free hand through my hair.

"No driving." He said dryly, I looked at his back and rolled my eyes.

"Mmhmm."

"Are you in any pain right now?" He turned around in the chair.

"I have a headache."

"I'll get you some painkillers, stay here."

As he was leaving I let out a small laugh. "I don't think I'll be going anywhere, bud." I mumbled.

I heard Nick start laughing. I flopped my head over his way and glared. "Shut up." I said playfully, a laugh following it.

When he kept laughing I stuck my bottom lip out. "This is so rude, I can't even steal a car anymore."

"You're never going to steal a car again." Nick said, smiling.

"Did he say when I was getting out of here? I tuned him out for awhile."

"Tomorrow."

"Oh shit, yes! Let's go!" I clapped, shaking my hospital bed.

"Where else do you have to be?"

I pointed at the wheelchair that was sitting off to the side. "That wheelchair has never looked sexier."

He bursted out laughing, tears forming in his eyes. "You're so dumb." He said, closing his eyes.

"Kay here you go." The doctor said as he walked back in, ignoring Nick dying off to the side.

"Thanks." I said dryly.

"Mmhmm. Anyways. I'll be back in to monitor you in about an hour, tell someone if the headache gets worse or doesn't go away."

"Yes." I said as he left again. "That guy is boring as hell."

"I'm with you on that one."

"Can you sit with me?" I asked him, wanting to be closer.

"Sure, clingy."

I scrunched my nose and scooted over, giving him room to sit down. When he did I scooted closer to him again, putting my head on his shoulder. My finger had a Pulse Oximetry on it, causing me not to be able to my my arm that far.

(A/N: a pulse oximetry is like that thing that they put on your finger at the doctor if you know what I mean if you don't google it.)

My hand was rested in my lap, uncomfortably scratching against my thigh since I was in their crunchy hospital shorts.

I looked up at Nick, my best friend. I admired his brown eyes, brown hair and his sharp nose. My eyes flicked down to his lips for a moment, they were dark pink and looked soft. "Hey Nick?" I whispered, getting his attention so he faced me. Our faces were just inches apart when he looked at me. "Can- um, can I-." I cut myself off. What was I thinking.