12

* * *

I woke up to people talking in the room I was in, I slowly opened my eyes and saw the tube wasn't covering my nose anymore. I groaned a little bit at the small pinch on my leg and everyone turned toward me. I recognized mom and William but there was a lady they were talking to that I didn't know.

The women I didn't know practically ran over to me and snapped in my face. "Karl. Can you hear me? Can you see this?"

"Yes." I groaned, trying to cover my ears from the nose. My hands felt heavy though, like there was something holding them down.

"Good." She said, grabbing a clip board off of the table next to my bed and writing something down. "I'm Elise, I'm a doctor that specializes in what's happening with you. I'm also your new therapist." She added happily.

I sat there unfazed, my stare blank. "Okay."

"We'll start therapy now. I've already explained to your parents what's happening with you, I don't really think you care though."

"Mmhmm." I hummed, looking around the room to see if Nick was here.

"Nick isn't here, honey." My mom said.

I gave her a confused look, why? He's always here. She seemed to notice me confusion because she sent a sorry look my way. "He's not aloud in right now I think."

I quickly glanced at William and raised an eyebrow. My mom gave me a warning look.

"Alright parents! You may leave now so I can talk to Karl." Elise said in her happy tone.

"Hi." I said after everyone had left the room and she just stared at me.

"Hi, what do you want to talk about today?"

I shrugged, I just woke up, give me a break crazy lady. "Alright then, let's talk about school."

"I've only been to school two days this year."

"How were those two days?"

"Terrible." I said dryly, propping myself up in the crusty hospital bed.

"What happened there?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I got- I got raped." I said bitterly, stuttering for a little second. I've never said those words out loud.

She just nodded and wrote something down. "How do you feel about that?"

"Like a piece of shit. How is this helping me?"

She ignored the question. "Did you know the person?"

"They were my boyfriend."

"Did he ever do anything else you didn't want before you broke up?"

"I didn't want him to touch me much."

"Are you okay with letting people touch you now?"

I nodded. "I have a way better boyfriend now." I said. "If he still wants to be my boyfriend." I murmured after.

The session went for about an hour, it was boring, to say the least.

Nick didn't come to see me. I mean I wouldn't want to go to the hospital for me either. I don't blame him I guess.

I was left in my room to sleep. What I actually did was roll onto my side and let tears slide down my cheeks, the salty drops stopping on my lips.

Worthless. Something I felt like I was right now. The lights were off in my room, leaving me in the darkness I'd once wished for. I've been escaping the darkness ever since I've been with Nick, it was clearly different now. I deserved to be here in this dark hospital room, crying.

I tried to stop thinking. That clearly wasn't an option.

I heard a phone ding and a slight vibrate. I looked around the room, there was a phone on a hospital chair off to the side of the room, it was my phone. I tried to scoot my self closer to the side of my bed but miserably failed as I almost fell off the bed. Instead, I took the covers off my legs, exposing a white cast on my leg. "What the heck..?" I mumbled when I saw it. I ran a hand across the bandaid material and cringed.

I heard my phone buzz again and I snapped out of my thoughts, stepping my foot that wasn't wrapped in a cast onto the cold floor. I grabbed my phone and then quickly climbed back into bed.

Unknown

*1 image attached*
Hey isn't this your boyfriend

—————

I clicked on the picture and saw Nick sitting in the passenger seat of someone's car. I looked in the drivers seat and saw a guy, a cute guy, kissing Nick. It looked like they were at a park. I studied the guy he was kissing, he looked around our age. He had dark brown, almost black hair. And the only other thing I could see was a very sharp jawline.

I copied the picture and sent it to Nick.

Nick <3

*1 image attached*
If you wanted to break up with me you could have just told me

—————

I left it at that, turning off my phone and throwing it back onto the chair it had been resting on. My tears were coming out faster now, like a steady stream. I felt myself slip even further into a depressive state.

When it was Isaac, I was okay, everything was fine. But with Nick it's so much different. We've known each other since we were three. I thought I knew him, I thought he was different. I thought I could trust him.

There was a soft knock on my door that pulled me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I said, it was clearly audible I had cried. It sounded like my nose was stuffy.

A nurse quietly slipped into the room, he was holding a plate that had a bunch of soft foods on it. He didn't talk as he set it down on the small bedside table.

"Thanks." I whispered, wiping at my eyes with my sleeve.

He just nodded and then walked back out of the room.

I stared at the food for a moment before deciding not to eat it.

I heard another knock on my door and I sighed, I just want to be alone. "Come in."

My mom came in the door, her large purse in hand. "Hi sweetie." She said with a halfhearted smile. She set her bag down in a chair and then came over and kissed my forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." I lied, plastering on a smile.

"Did you see your cast?" I nodded and she gave me a fake-sad look. "I'm sorry baby but it's for the best, there is something wrong with your leg." I shuttered at 'baby' that's the last nickname Nick called me.

I thought of Nick again, his hands on my waist and hips, his soft kisses against my forehead and cheeks.

My mom didn't seem to notice the tears in my eyes or on my cheeks as she started talking about me 'over working my body' and how I had 'too much stress to deal with'. I just silently agreed, brushing the tears off every now and then. As soon as mom my had came in, she was leaving. "I got to get back to the house but I'll visit you tomorrow, maybe."

"Okay." I said quietly. "Bye."

"Bye hon."

I ignored the buzzing and ringing of my phone all night, I didn't need to hear excuses or anything really, I understood why he would want someone else. Hell, I even understood why Isaac would want someone else.

* * *
1238 words