24

* * *

The ring of a phone, the absolute worst thing to wake up to.

I rolled over in Nick's bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand.

Mom

We need to talk.
I don't know where you are or who you're but you better be home in an hour.

—————

I sighed and turned off my phone, rolling back into Nick's warmth.

My phone rang again, goddamn I need to keep my ringer off. I rolled back over and grabbed it.

Mom

I know you read this, if you aren't home in an hour you can't see Nick for a week.

—————

I closed my eyes tightly and sat up, my feet touching the carpet.

"Where are you goinggg?" Nick groaned, his hands finding my hips even with his eyes closed.

"Mom texted me, I have to go in an hour." I said, turning around and kissing his cheek. "If I'm not I can't see you for a week."

He made a sad face. "That's enough time to keep snuggling." He said, pulling on my waist.

I thought for a moment, she did say an hour. "Okay, okay. Thirty minutes." I agreed, setting an alarm.

We cuddled for what felt like a short period of time, it was so warm and comfortable that I fell asleep, so did Nick.

When I woke up my alarm was blaring in my ear. "Shit shit shit." I murmured, grabbing my phone. I was twenty minutes late. "NICK." I said, skating him awake.

"Hmm?"

"I'm late."

His eyes snapped open and we were both running out of the door, my shoes and coat in hand.

He started driving quickly and I closed my eyes, grabbing onto the side of the door. "It'll be okay." Nick reassured, grabbing my empty hand and squeezing it tightly. "We can always text if anything goes wrong and I'll see you at school, okay? I promise it will be okay."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." He said right as we pulled up.

"Thank you, I love you, I'll tell you what happens." I said, bursting out of the car, still carrying my shoes and coat.

My bare feet hit the wet ground, causing water to splash up onto my legs. I then noticed what I was wearing, boxers and I hoodie that came all the way down to my mid thighs. I forgot my clothes at his house.

When I finally got to the front door I squeezed my eyes shut and then opened the door, preparing myself for my angry mother.

"You're late, very late." I heard her say.

I opened my eyes and took a deep breath. "I was at Nick's and overslept." I responded, putting my shoes down in the entryway like normal, like there wasn't a scary pregnant lady giving me a death stare.