25

* * *

"Okay, fine." My mom sighed, giving me a look.

"Yesss! Thank you!" I exclaimed, jumping around and holding her arm.

I wanted to start driving again.

"Can we go now?" I asked.

"Are you sure about this? It won't cause too much stress, right?"

"I'm sure, I'm sure."

"I guess."

I ran to the door, grabbing my license from the shelf in the entryway and then putting on my shoes. I walked out to the car, getting in the front seat.

"Hey, hey, hey." My mom called, getting in the passenger seat. "We're going to go slow, very slow."

I nodded and turned on the car, opening the garage door with a remote.

"Let's just drive around the neighborhood." She suggested, grabbing the door tightly.

I started pulling out, my hands tight on the wheel and gearshift.

"Slowly." My mom said as I got to the end of the driveway. I pulled onto the road, my hands a bit shaky. "Good, you're doing good." She cooed.

I drove very slowly, the speed limit was twenty and I was probably going ten. Luckily there was no other cars.

I rolled to a stop at the stop light, feeling proud as hell. "Holy shit." I murmured, my foot hitting the gas pedal. It felt so good to drive again, even if I was going super slow. I was free again.

"Slow it down."

My eyes were glued to the road, not leaving at any point. There was a car that turned and got into the lane next to me, driving the opposite way. My breath hitched in my throat as they came closer. 

Their in the other lane, you're okay, you're okay. My mind repeated, reassuring me.

I grabbed the wheel tighter, watching as they passed. I really just did that. Oh my god.

"You're doing amazing."

A smile spread across my lips as I turned onto another street.

"Let's pull over up here for a second."

I nodded and pulled over on the side of the road a bit wonkily. I pulled my hands off the wheel and saw they were shaking aggressively, it didn't even matter to me, I was driving again.

"Karl that was so good!" My mom congratulated, kissing the side of my head.

"Thanks." I said sheepishly, looking out the windshield at the road. A car passed up quickly and made the car vibrate.

"How are you feeling about driving?"

"Amazing." I replied quickly, sitting on my hands and looking at her finally.

She nodded. "Let's take small steps, okay?"

"Small steps." I repeated.

A week later though, I was ready to drive myself to school. My mom did follow through on me not being able to see Nick for a week so I haven't had the time to tell him, I didn't want to do it in a call so I waiting until I could finally drive myself.

"Please be careful." Mom said, kissing my cheek.

"I will, I love you!" I replied, rushing out the door. I got in the drivers seat and took a deep breath, starting the car and squeezing the wheel tightly, like usual.

I pulled up to Nick's house slowly, parking right away and texting him I was here.

When he came outside he frowned at me. "What are you doing?" He asked, opening the passenger seat.

"I asked my mom, I promise. I even have proof."

He squinted but got in, hesitantly kissing my cheek. "Can you drive..?"

I nodded. "Yeah, my mom drove with me."

"Are you sure? Did you talk to Elise?" He was being very overprotective, it was nice to know how much he cared I guess.

"It will be okay, my mom aloud it." I said with a smile, squeezing his hand before returning it back to the wheel. "Pleasee."

"Okay, fine. But please don't do anything you don't want to."

I giggled. "What?" He asked as I started driving.

"You sound like we're going to have sex or something." He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"We've had sex once, Kar."

"Want to change that?" I asked with a smirk, stopping at the stop sign for a brief moment.

He laughed a little harder, shaking his head playfully.

We drove in silence for a little bit longer, when I finally pulled up to school he smiled brightly at me and showered me with kisses. "You did so good!" He cooed, running a hand through my hair, his other resting on my thigh.

I smiled back and pecked his lips. "Thank youuu."

He opened his door and got out, I collected all of my crap and he opened my door for me, holding a hand out for me to take. He walked me to my first class, I clung to his waist the whole time.

"Also to answer your question, sure, love." He said as we got to the door. He winked at me and kissed my nose before walking away confidently.

I giggled at his response and smiled to myself, entering the classroom and tuning out everyone, just thinking about Nick and talking to him later. I was so distracted in day dreams I didn't even realize that everyone was staring at me and that Isaac wasn't here like usual. 

* * *
881 words