thirty-five

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE;
• FORGOTTEN MEMORY •

"champagne?" the flight attendant holds out a glass of champagne to el.

"thank you." el takes it with a smile as she flips through a magazine.

"we will be arriving into hawkins in about 10 minutes, miss." the flight attendant informs.

el nods at her and takes a sip out of her champagne.

10 minutes flew by and they eventually landed. el was aware she missed a few days of school but she could care less about it.

"back home, ms diaz?" her bodyguard asks.

"my car is here. i'm driving myself to my boyfriends house and you guys can follow behind. then we will go to kai's house so you guys can go back to training." she explain, walking to her car as they nod.

she helps put all her shopping bags into the other car and then walking back to hers.

she gets into her car and then quickly drives away. it was funny being back in hawkins. new york was so big and hawkins was such a small town.

there's not much designer brand stores and there most certainly weren't people dressing up like they are in the new york fashion show.

but hawkins was so much more peaceful. she would choose here over anywhere else any day.

once mikes driveway came into view, she checked the time on her phone to see if he would be home from school yet.

and he should be.

she parked in the driveway as the car that her people followed her in just waited outside on the street.

she exited her car and then made her way to the front door.

once she knocked, karen opened the door for her. "el! i haven't seen you in a while."

"hi! is mike here yet? i kinda need to see him." she says, walking past her.

"he's upstairs." karen informs her as she nods before running upstairs.

she sees his bedroom door open and so she quickly made her way towards it. knocking on the open door softly, he looks up slowly as she smiles widely, "hi mikey."

"el!" he stands up from his bed to hug her. she hums against him, "i missed you."

"i did too! did you just come back?" he asks, pulling back as she nods.

"yeah. i just wanted to see you first before i head to kai's. wanna tag along?" she asks as he nods, giving her a kiss.

"you wanted to do that for a long time, didn't you?" she asks with a small giggle as he nods.

"i did." he says quietly.

"alright, come on. i'm kinda drunk on champagne right now but i'll be fine if i drive." she says as his eyes widen, "you're drunk!?"

"kinda. we'll be fine." she shrugs as they walk downstairs.

"no, i'm driving then." he takes her keys as she gasps.