9mm

"The fuck is this?" 

"Well, that's our cue. Good luck." one of the medic's patted you of the shoulder and finished cleaning you wounds, then walked away with the other two. So much for loyalty, the captain began to approach you and as he did you noticed two fundamental things.

One; the corporal insignia's that distinguished him from all the other tankmen, and two... How all of them began ignoring you two with every step he took. Some just whistled, others engaged in awkward conversation, and a couple we're suddenly finding interest in the walls.

When he finally reached you he looked as if we was about to say something but Steve cut in right as captain was opening his mouth. "Capppp, n-nice to see you! Is that a uh- new cologne?" Steve laughed nervously, this was the most pathetic thing you'd witnessed since taking up this mission.

"Oh cut the bullshit Steve, just answer the goddamn question." He growled, Steve nervously shuffled about trying to find his words. You on the other hand spoke up. "I'm Y/N, captain." He glared at you through his visor, you could already see that this was going to be difficult. 

"Is that so?" He seemed as if he we're going to step closer but Steve whispered something to him. Must've worked because he sighed and moved back. "Steve. A word." Captain didn't even wait for Steve to answer, he just grabbed him by his arm and dragged him outside.

You could see the the movements of their shadows from outside, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Cap was pissed. But you knew for a fact Steve wouldn't convince him, at least not at this moment.

_______________________________________________________

Captain's POV

"We don't take in wounded soldiers you know that Steve! We already have enough as it is." You sighed, looking back up at Steve. He was a good soldier but could he was too kind for his own good. It was going to hurt him one day.

"I know I know but- this one has potential! Their wounds aren't that bad we could let Ted train them an-" You put your hand on Steve's shoulder, causing him to stop mid-sentence. "No." You whispered. 

"But Cap! We should-"

"No."

Steve stared at you defeated, he sighed and trudged back inside the medical tent. You watched him leave feeling a little guilty. Either way, you weren't going to let some random fallen soldier be enlisted in this army. There had been constant problems with enemy spies recently, so you weren't taking any chances.

_______________________________________________________ 

Y/N's POV

When Steve came back inside you frowned, looks like he failed just as you predicted. 'I was really hoping he was going to pull through' you thought 'guess it's up to me then.' 

Steve came and sat next to you on the hospital cot, you patted him on the back sympathetically. "Sorry, couldn't get him to change his mind.." Steve laughed sadly, he didn't have to worry though. You weren't going anywhere. "Hey, you still have a chance. I can't be sent out into the field in this condition which gives us about a week." You reassured him, putting a small smile on his face.

"Your right... Your right." He took your hands in his a turned to face you. "I'm gonna get you in Y/N, don't you worry." You grinned slightly, taking a moment to appreciate his determination.

'My own personal pawn, how quaint.'