Slaughterhouse

BAD END

Your return was celebrated as Buddy had told you on the helicopter ride. Your rank was raised, and you'd been gifted with a new series of weapons and armor. You we're happy but still suspicious of what had happened.

So, while continuing your training you searched for answers. Anything you could find leading to the whereabouts of the Tankmen, for the beginning of your mission you didn't find anything. And if you did it was classified or redacted.

You we're starting to loose hope at this point and we're ready to drop the mission but found something, and record. The only reason this had caught your interest was because it had the names of several of the Tankmen you knew, but there was something about this that was wrong.

Not every name was on there, which raised some concern from you. There was no name to the document but a series of numbers and letters at the end, which you recognized. That jumbled mess was actually a "code" that would lead to a specific room.

Luckily your friend went to that room often so you remembered the path to it without needing to take any extra steps that might get you in trouble. Walking through the halls without being noticed was more easily said than done.

People looked at you weird or engaged in small conversations, but for the most part you got through fine. When you reached the door you noticed two things, the first was the strange scent coming from it and the second was how this one door was much farther from the others.

Usually the measurements we're all exactly the same but this one was much farther away. You noted this and used your keycard to get inside, the door creaked open. The scent of blood and rotting corpses hit you first, you wanted to vomit but kept yourself in check.

It was dark, and you couldn't make out a lot but the ground wasn't flat. As a matter of fact it was bumpy and didn't retain a normal structure. You walked around and paused for a moment looking up... There we're bodies hanging from hooks.

A flood of emotions and realization hit you. Running towards the door frantically clawing at what you thought was the door you attempted to escape, but instead flipped something turning on all the lights.

You had been walking on a sea of dead bodies, and from above the corpses of soldiers hung from multiple metal hooks and rods. It didn't take a rocket scientist to piece this together, they'd killed every Tankman in this room. 

The scent seemed to get stronger as you began to cry, banging on the door to be let out. 

But nobody came.