Desert

"The desert, when the sun came up. I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began."

Your eyes adjusted to the light and what you saw took your breath away. Miles and miles stretched hills of sand, with the faint image of mountains in the distance. But you didn't have time to enjoy the scenery, it took a moment to register that you we're running. Kicking up handfuls of sand with each step, in the corner of your vision you could see Steve and Ted running alongside you with the others that had escaped.

But then who was holding your hand? Focusing your vision you could see the blurred insignia's on the Tankman's armor, Captain. Everything seemed to be falling into place, but just as you grew to understand the current situation gunshots rang out and a faint barking could be heard gradually approaching. "What the- fuck?" Ted huffed, glancing behind him quickly. You swore you could see him become paler, he then sped up going ahead from Steve.

"Ted!" He called, picking up the pace. Your group did the same, still confused of what Ted saw, but it soon made sense. Only an inch away from your leg was a large black dog almost the size of a motorcycle, from what you could see you noticed it had a black and green metal collar, and it's eyes were whited out. The canine snapped at you, causing you to almost lose your balance but Captain kept you steady.

"Hey! Look over there!" You called breathlessly, using your free hand to point to the left where there we're vehicles of all sorts on a concrete platform. The group noticed this and made a sharp turn in it's direction. Sadly your pursuers began doing the same along with the dogs that seemed to be getting closer and closer every second. You, Captain, and Ted reached the platform first with Ted lingering as to help Steve up.

There we're three motorbikes, and one dune buggy. Ted, Captain, and you took the motorbikes, while Steve and the other two Tankmen took the dune buggy. The soldiers we're almost upon you now, hurriedly you looked to turn on your vehicle in order to escape, once you did you adjusted yourself and right as two of the dogs jumped on the platform you sped off. Sand sprayed everywhere as you sped up, wind blowing in your face and tangling your hair.

There we're some laughs in the distance as everyone knew they'd escaped the clutches of HAZARD. Even though you didn't know where you we're going, or how long you'd be able to survive, you wouldn't want it to be any other way. "Which way Captain?" You heard Steve call, "North!" He replied. A smile found its way to your face, maybe you'd find the others. Maybe you could fix things with HAZARD, or maybe you could live a life with the ones you loved.

You didn't know but you we're happy that you'd been reunited on the hot desert sand.