Azure Banquet

PREVIEW

"Could you at least try to act interested?"

You rolled your eyes at your partner's remark, it was easier said than done. You never liked attending lavish events, especially this one. The Annual Gathering of Soldiery or AGS, exactly as it sounds all governments with their officials must gather to the Warden's mansion, it used to be very regal and respectable, but now it was more similar to those balls in the Victorian era. Glancing at the blonde beside you, you took notice to the navy blue (O/O/C) in her hands.

"Do you actually expect me to wear that?" You said flatly, plucking the (O/O/C) out of her hands. "Yes, unless you want to go there looking like a dirty dog on the streets." You gave her a look, she never knew how to hold her tongue, but she was right, you would be the talk of the town if you came there in some half-assed pants and jacket. Especially with your family name on the line. "Fine, I'll wear it." Walking to the restroom you stripped off the clothing you we're currently wearing and replaced them with the outfit your partner had chosen.

When you stepped out she simply nodded and did a motion with her hand ordering you to spin. "You look stunning Y/N." You scoffed at her remark, "I feel like a plastic barbie doll." She paid no mind to your words and looped her arm in your own leading you out while simultaneously fixing your hair. "Stephan, Bruce can you make sure they remain safe at the-" You cut her off pinching her lightly on the shoulder.

"What?" She hissed turning her head to face you now. "I don't need those body guards, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my self!" You put your hand on your hip staring her down, even though you we're defending yourself you had to say you we're thankful for your tall height. "Do I need to remind you of what happened at the Cobalt Fair?" "That was an accident Kara!" She tsk'd at you, but you didn't budge awaiting her answer. After a bit of puppy eyes, Kara gave in to your request and let you go alone.

Walking out of the luxurious building drew the attention of many passersby, but you ignored them, having your chaperone open the door to your limousine. Once you we're inside, the drive began to the Warden's mansion. You had heard rumors that there would be a few new participants joining the AGS, the entire town had been buzzing with talk about them, especially one person in particular...

Captain John.

____________________________________________________

A/N

[ Should've mentioned this earlier but O/O/C is Outfit of Choice. -Strix ]