Bolt Action

"So, what we're you and Ted talking about?" Steve asked, you we're both sitting in the tank now him driving of course. You we're peeking out of the top admiring the stars more than the enemy base that was in the distance. "Same old crap." You replied, honestly you didn't feel like telling Steve about your conversation with him. Some things aren't meant to be told.

"Ah, and what about your patrol with Cap? I hope he wasn't being an ass like usual." You chuckled to yourself, for once you actual wished he would've been. You still hadn't told him how you felt, but you needed to stop messing around and get to it.

You had half a mind to ask Steve would he would do but that would be odd. So you decided in that moment to take it to Tankwoman after your patrol with Steve, although you still had to ask him something for the "mission" for lack of a better word. "Hey Steve, what was it like meeting Cap?" You asked, looking down at him for an answer.

"It's complicated." He replied. You hopped down from your regular perching spot and sat behind him waiting for him to talk. You'd been collecting a good deal of stories lately, but you wanted to finish this phase as soon as possible. You'd been informed of the third phase and you knew it was going to be difficult.

_______________________________________

"December 20th, [XXXX]"

"Was the day I first arrived here, I'd shown up at a pretty interesting time from what I've gathered. I wasn't aware that the Slaughter Season had happened recently so there we're plenty of wounded soldiers on both sides. There we're only enough to guard some of the outskirts of the base but not enough to actually protect them, so in short we we're weak.

Unlike the others that showed up I was already in the system, unlike some who we're just civillians who didn't have much of a choice. I hadn't actually seen Captain before, and for the first few weeks of me being there I only saw glimses.

Sometimes he was talking to one of the soldiers or just in his office, it was understandable that he couldn't really slack off during this time but most of the tankmen said that he didn't come out much anyway.

I can tell you this now, I didn't meet Captain in the base. I met him on the fringes. I was trying to find a quiet place, which was rare considering that we we're in the middle of a war with wounded soldiers and pissed off people. But nonetheless I found one, it was on the top of a hill and for the most part I thought I was alone.

I didn't see Cap when he snuck up behind me, but I sure did scream like a little pussy. He got a good laugh out of it I'm sure and teased me about it for about fifteen minutes until asking who I was. I told him of course, and we parted ways after he dragged me back to base. I was expecting that to be our last interaction but every day after that he'd talk to me, help me practice, or just say random cock jokes.

I think we both just accepted that we we're best friends since we always we're around each other." 

_______________________________________

"But yeah, although he seems to have taken more of an interest in you lately." He smiled slightly. "Jealous?" You grinned mischievously, "No!" You laughed at his quick denial, for the entire ride you teased him about it. Of course, you didn't notice the slight trail of blush starting to form across his face as you did this.

Poor oblivious reader.