Rifle

Sleep didn't come for that entire night. Your thoughts buzzed with events of the day, specifically Steve and Captain. It was becoming unbearable, you needed to talk to someone. The only two people who would remotely understand we're Tankwoman and Buddy.

Although, Tankwoman seemed much more preferable than Buddy at the moment. So, you got up from your bed and snuck out of your room walking among the dark hallways. Tankwoman's room was at the end of the hall, which was surprisingly convenient considering that it was the closest to the exit.

You didn't want to disturb anyone around you so you picked the lock with a random paperclip on the floor. Thankfully, she was awake and gave you a weird look as you waved sheepishly. She noticed your expression and gestured you to come over and sit.

_____________________________________

"Damn... All that happened today?" She said with a smile, you we're both sitting on her bed trying to make sense of the situation from earlier. "Yeah, pretty crazy right?" You chuckled nervously, even though you knew that you wouldn't get pulled out of the mission because of this you we're still worried that you would have to make a choice.

"Honestly I never would've thought those two would be head over heels for you. No offense." You smiled, at least she was being practical. "None taken, but what should I do?" She adjusted herself and closed her eyes momentarily. "Well obviously you have to make a choice."

"I know that but who would I even chose?" You we're now tracing lines in the fluffy sheets, Tankwoman groaned throwing a pillow at you. "Do you know anything about romance dumbass? You pick the one you love!" You tossed the pillow back which she caught of course.

"I don't even know if I love them Jen." You mumbled, she raised an eyebrow at you. "Well you better figure it out fast." 

The rest of that night was both of you talking about other things such as your patrols, the enemy team, and light discussion of sneaking out to watch a movie. Which you did, you managed to grab one of the DVDs from Cap's office and played it on the projector. Your sure a few other tankmen heard and you could hear light shuffling around you and small chatter, they probably snuck in to watch.

That lasted a few hours until everyone went to bed for fear of being discovered. As you laid down in your bed you still felt troubled but content with yourself and everything that had happened.

_____________________________________

"Y/N."

You sat up quickly, only you weren't in bed. You we're in a desert, the sand was oddly pink and there were coral blue puddles everywhere. You glanced around to find the owner of the voice and spotted them.

They we're in the customary uniform you remembered, you'd forgotten the name of this particular person but you knew the specialized in all things tech, and tracking chips... Although you weren't sure if they developed this particular thing you we're experiencing.

They walked over to you and crouched beside you. Unable to move your arms or legs you simply looked up at them. "You completed phase two, congratulations. We wanted to tell you this now rather than tomorrow." So that's why this was happening, they we're impatient.

"But, we also wanted to warn you. The Henchmen's are planning to kidnap you for information about the Tankmen." You sighed, they probably noticed how close you we're getting with everyone. So of course you'd be a good source of information for them to use.

"We are letting you get kidnapped by them." You raised your voice in protest but nothing came out, you gave them a confused and angry look to which they laughed. "This is not punishment Y/N, we want you to convince the Henchmen to join our ranks." 

You stared at him, your anger turning into concern. Why the Henchmens and not the Tankmen? This mission was becoming more out of reach than ever now, you wanted answers but the person stepped back and stood up straight.

"When you wake up, you will not be in the Tankmen base. You will be in the Henchmen's interrogation room, if you fail we will leave you to be their little toy. Succeed and we will send someone to rescue you. Do not depend on the Tankmen to save you Y/N, they will not."