Blood Knot

"What the hell is happening?" You demanded of them, but gained no response. Their grip on your arms did not loosen even as you pressured them for answers. The lights continued to flicker, for a portion of your walk you we're in complete darkness... With a faint green glow under the doors closest to the exit.

The soldiers pushed the main doors open revealing a sea of Henchmen standing out in the open under a bed of stars. Even outside, the glow seemed to be near. You couldn't tell where it was coming from or how this was possible but you worked through it as best as you could.

You could faintly see the Captain of the Henchmen at the front lines but the two anonymous soldiers led you out of his sight towards the Tankmen base. You could hear one of the snipers calling down to you from his post, but you didn't bother responding. It wasn't like it'd change anything anyway.

All the paths you took we're empty raising even more suspicion from you, it didn't look like there'd been a recent attack since everything was in order but you could hear commotion coming from the bar... And from that commotion you heard your name.

You struggled with the soldiers attempting to break free from their grasp but to no avail. So instead you strained to hear a few words as you passed the back of the bar. You only heard snippets of words but you couldn't fit anything together.

The soldiers pulled you away swiftly, you could still hear shouts of protest ringing out from your friends. You continued to struggle wanting to figure out what was happening but to no avail. You had a sinking suspicion that someone knew, but your brushed it aside. That couldn't happen, and even if it did no one would believe them anyway.

The soldiers suddenly let you go, you we're at the door of your room. "Why am I here?" No response. You rolled your eyes getting agitated and pushed open the door, you almost yelped in surprise. Sitting on your bed, reading through the book you'd filled almost a week ago was your best friend. Buddy.

Only he wasn't wearing the trademark gas mask, you we're actually seeing his face for the first time. Even though you we're slightly concerned you made certain to burn this memory into your mind. 

His hair was dark brown with streaks of tawny, and his eyes we're lime green leaning towards a more pale color that you couldn't place. There also seemed to be a Hello Kitty bandage on his nose, which led you to notice the small cuts on his face and some freckles. 

His entire expression seemed to change when he saw you, happy didn't even cover the look on his face. He dropped the book and ran up to you, hugging you fiercely. You hugged back of course he was your friend after all but you still felt as if something was off.

"Y/N! It's so good to see you again! Gosh you look great." Buddy released you from his hug and took a moment to gaze at you. "Uh- thanks you do too, but what's going on?" The moment you'd said that he quivered with excitement.

"You finished your mission so we all decided to come and collect you, isn't that neat?" You smiled slightly at his enthusiasm almost forgetting your concern. "Yeah, that is pretty neat I guess." You replied. 

You heard slight rumbling outside, but you didn't really pay attention to it since Buddy was describing the surprise party that was going to happen in the cafeteria when you got back. Although it wasn't much of a surprise anymore. "Hey Buddy what about the Tankmen?" 

"Oh don't worry about them Y/N they'll be fine! Come on!" He took you by your hand and led you outside your room, you probably wouldn't see it again after this. You couldn't capture any of your surroundings as you moved, but you could make out something approaching the Tankmen base from afar.

You didn't realize how far from everything you we're. You we're standing out in the open and a strong breeze seemed to be whipping around the both of you, the source of this seemed to be a helicopter. Buddy went in first offering a hand to you.

For a moment you didn't move, still looking at the approaching mass near the base. "Buddy?" You turned to him, he just frowned at you. "Come on Y/N, I'll tell you when we're home." But this was your home.

You hesitantly took his hand and got in the helicopter with him. Looking down at the ground which seemed to be getting farther and farther away, you wondered what would happen to your friends.

And what would happen to you?

______________________________________

A/N

Apologies! I didn't like the current point, besides if you died that would cut everything short and add a series of affects that would hinder the flow of the story. Sorry again! - Strix