Chapter Nine: The Memories

Saitama s' POV:

I'm reading manga as usual when I'm really bored. It is about the slice-of-life manga, I flip the next page, I see the panel scene of the boy was to leave the girl because he was to move of the town to find a better job. The girl is crying and begging to stay with her. The boy feels pity but he needs a job for his mom who got sick and to pay their debts. He promised that he will come back to her when he found a job. The girl hugs him tightly and crying on his chest until the boy hugs her back and said "I really promise that. Once I found the job, I will be back here soon, okay?"

I'm so related to this scenario because it happened to me maybe 3 and a half years ago. I promised my girl best friend that I will go back soon once I found a job. And that was the saddest memory that I can't even forget until now.

~Flashback~

3 years ago

I'm just standing on the back of the gymnasium while watching her graduation day. She's stepping on the stairs through the stage and wears the medal then she reaches the diploma. She bowed and smiled. I can't help but put a smile on my face. Seeing her happy that brights my day. And also feeling sad because I also say goodbye to her after this.

After graduation, I saw her hugging her mother and her little brother. I'm just watching her while standing and had some thoughts in my head.

'Should I just leave her without saying goodbye? That's only my choice to not make her sad in front of me, but....' until she saw me and she was to approach me. 'Damn it, she saw me right now! What should I do?'

"Bro Sai!" she shouts while running towards me and waving her left hand higher.

My body was just pinned on the ground. And I'm felt shaking.

"Hey! What's on to you? Aren't you happy to see me on stage earlier? I got a medal, see?" she raises her medal.

"Of course! I'm happy for you that you received a medal than me. I didn't get a medal when I graduated since high school except diploma *chuckles*."

"Even you didn't get a medal, at least you graduated!"

"Yeah. Uhh hey, may I talk to you....in private?"

"Sure! I'll excuse my mom first. I'll be right back!" she was to left me as I grab her wrist.

"Meet me...at the school gate after you excuse your mom, okay? I'm just heading to the toilet room." I lied because the truth is I need to think about what should I say to her. I release her and she nodded then gave me a light smile and approaching her mother as I leave the gym and walking towards the gate then I wait for her to come.

After few minutes, the students and their parents are leaving but I can't see her. Suddenly someone covering my eyes using her hand. And I know who is that person.

"Guess who?" she giggles

"Oh, it's just my first girl best friend who covers my eyes right now."

"Then what's the password?"

"Miss Tomboy *chuckles*"

She released me as I turned around and I tickled her.

"Come here you little!" I tickle her on the waist and neck. She can't help but laugh so hard.

"St-stop it Sai! *Laughing* Enough! My stomach hurts!"

"That's enough now, Aya-chan and Saitama-kun." Auntie Aira(Ayano s' mom) said then I stop tickling her while she's catching her breath. "Saitama-kun" she called me.